DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please, need help for my Mavic Mini, after crash.

Pilot Santo

Reactions
Dear All Member,

I new in flying a drone. And this is my first drone (Mavic Mini).
I'm flying my drone inside a workshop (steel workshop) so that difficult for me to get good GPS signal.

Everything go alright before, and this afternoon I get my Mavic Mini moving (dragging) not in my control.
and hitting a wall after that the drone fall about 10 meters high. The battery and microSD released from the drone.

Fortunately the arms are not broke.
But after I try to insert the battery, it's look harder to insert.
And, when I try to turn it ON the drone, the drone made a repeated sound ("to lu lit" following with gimbal movement)

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks for kind of you all.

Regards,
Santo
Indonesia

Dear All Member,

I'm flying my drone inside a workshop (steel workshop) so that difficult for me to get good GPS signal.

Everything go alright before, and this afternoon I get my Mavic Mini moving (dragging) not in my control.
and hitting a wall after that the drone fall about 10 meters high. The battery and microSD released from the drone.

And, when I try to turn it ON the drone, the drone made a repeated sound ("to lu lit" following with gimbal movement)

Regards,
Santo
Indonesia
Welcome to the forum. Sorry your first visit was due to a crash.

Obviously, you learned that flying indoors is not entirely safe. The drone normally makes some interesting sounds when it is first started. I'm not sure if the ones you mention above are normal or not. They gimbal is suppose to move. My suggestion is first, GO OUTSIDE and see if it will fly. Find a large empty field with no trees or fences or buildings. And start it up and see what happens. Only go about two or three feet up and move it forward and backward and try turning it left and right. Then see how it lands. If that goes well, you might try flying higher and a bit further.

Good luck.

Reactions: Pilot Santo
...Everything go alright before, and this afternoon I get my Mavic Mini moving (dragging) not in my control....

the "hard" way to learn that flying indoor needs plenty of ligth. In my case it does not ended with a crash but i was just lucky.

Good luck with your tests.

Welcome to the forum. Sorry your first visit was due to a crash.

Obviously, you learned that flying indoors is not entirely safe. The drone normally makes some interesting sounds when it is first started. I'm not sure if the ones you mention above are normal or not. They gimbal is suppose to move. My suggestion is first, GO OUTSIDE and see if it will fly. Find a large empty field with no trees or fences or buildings. And start it up and see what happens. Only go about two or three feet up and move it forward and backward and try turning it left and right. Then see how it lands. If that goes well, you might try flying higher and a bit further.

Good luck.

Thanks for your reply,
I think I have a big trouble here. My drone can't fly.

I try to teardown my mavic mini. I found break electronic part ? (attached for you some picture).
This part makes the battre difficult to insert. After I put it back on the position, easy for me to insert the battre (like before).

The crash looks so hard.

What part is this (connectted to gimbal camera)?
Can this mavic mini fixed?

Attachments

• IMG_20200501_002939.jpg
    IMG_20200501_002939.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20200501_002302.jpg
    IMG_20200501_002302.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20200501_001511.jpg
    IMG_20200501_001511.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 87
Thanks for your reply,
I think I have a big trouble here. My drone can't fly.

I try to teardown my mavic mini. I found break electronic part ? (attached for you some picture).
This part makes the battre difficult to insert. After I put it back on the position, easy for me to insert the battre (like before).

The crash looks so hard.

What part is this (connectted to gimbal camera)?
Can this mavic mini fixed?
I really don't know. There are some shops that advertise here that they fix drones but they might be in the USA. Good luck.

I really don't know. There are some shops that advertise here that they fix drones but they might be in the USA. Good luck.

Thanks,
I already make a new thread about where can I buy that part.

Because impossible for me to send this drone to abroad.

Thanks for all your reaponse.

Keep healty.

Reactions: ff22
Dear All Member,

Regards,
Santo
Indonesia
Next time before you fly, check your transmission in the app. Sounds like you had some interference, which has happened to me. If your channels are all green you should be ok. Wait at least 10 to 20 seconds and see if any red shows up. If it does don’t fly at that specific area.

Next time before you fly, check your transmission in the app. Sounds like you had some interference, which has happened to me. If your channels are all green you should be ok. Wait at least 10 to 20 seconds and see if any red shows up. If it does don’t fly at that specific area.

Thanks for your tips J2ps, this is my best best experiance. Fortunately I broke the Mini, not M2P ?.

Check the transmission in the app is the most importance. From first time I fly my Mini, inside the workshop, I just wait a second until I can fly more than 4 metre altitute. After I get green light bip in my drone, I start to capture the object (and I never check the transmission in the app).

It will be my attention in next time. Ofcourse after I fix my Mini or I get a new one.

By the way, flying a drone is addictive. And can become my next bussiness.

Here some of my video with my mini :

Thanks for your tips J2ps, this is my best best experiance. Fortunately I broke the Mini, not M2P ?.

Check the transmission in the app is the most importance. From first time I fly my Mini, inside the workshop, I just wait a second until I can fly more than 4 metre altitute. After I get green light bip in my drone, I start to capture the object (and I never check the transmission in the app).

It will be my attention in next time. Ofcourse after I fix my Mini or I get a new one.

Did you shoot that in 1080 or 2.7k?

I don't have Facebook so I can't see the videos. Sometimes facebook does not require an account.

Hi ff22,
Here two of my video uploaded to youtube :
(my white balance setting still unperfect)

WOW. Both videos are terrific. I now see why you were flying inside - that's where the action was for building boats. Thanks for getting it on YouTube. I"m glad I was able to see the videos.

Good luck getting back in the air - either with another Mini or another drone.

T
WOW. Both videos are terrific. I now see why you were flying inside - that's where the action was for building boats. Thanks for getting it on YouTube. I"m glad I was able to see the videos.

Good luck getting back in the air - either with another Mini or another drone.

Thanks ff22 :)

Reactions: ff22

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman