DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polarpro retractable landing gear...

Hi Floyd, The landing gear was not redesigned to fit within the DACCKIT case and the changes made should not warrant a change in fit within that particular case. Unfortunately, we do not have a DACCKIT case on hand, but perhaps another member could help us out with the answer once they receive their set of Retract landing gear.
I have a related problem: I have a Mavic 2 Pro (and LOVE IT!!!) I bought several PolarPro accessories including but not limited to the Retracts. No problem at all with Retracts (they're a great idea and seem to work well for me) BUT I purchsed the Mavic 2 Protector Case from DJI $169) and the Mavic 2 won't fit in the case with the Retracts installed. (Defeats the purpose of the Retract in turms of it "retracting"). Any specifc advice on exactly how to modify the DJI case, or is a different Insert available for the case? Or should I get anotherbrand of case, if so which one?

i also have this case. I did find that the drone will still fit, but it is to tight for my liking. At this stage I am removing the front legs each time but able to leave the rear legs fitted. I do plan on using a fine blade at some time to carfully enlarge the area for front legs to stay fitted. I just havent gotten to it as it hasnt really bothered me to install the front legs when required. I dont use them for most flights, so hasnt been a priority. Been putting my spare time efforts into my ground station. Plus i didnt pay for my case so not complaining

I have a related problem: I have a Mavic 2 Pro (and LOVE IT!!!) I bought several PolarPro accessories including but not limited to the Retracts. No problem at all with Retracts (they're a great idea and seem to work well for me) BUT I purchsed the Mavic 2 Protector Case from DJI $169) and the Mavic 2 won't fit in the case with the Retracts installed. (Defeats the purpose of the Retract in turms of it "retracting"). Any specifc advice on exactly how to modify the DJI case, or is a different Insert available for the case? Or should I get anotherbrand of case, if so which one?
I use the GoPro case with 2 layers and my M2P fits fine with the landing gear. I did make a small mod to accommodate my PP Flight Deck
300C2735-DAD8-4487-AB43-117E5B98CDC3.jpeg

Holds everything I use most days as well as charging equipment and is well padded

I experienced same event with my rear leg when I tried to unfold it, half of pivot just broke up.
I bought PolarPro retractable landing gear in shop in Poland, is there a chance that they will exchange it for a new one?
I have this polarpro lifetime warranty of course.73306

So I gather that the iPad storage is a second layer underneath the bird, batteries, and charger? How hard is it to extract that? Do you have to pull all the other stuff out first? Also, do you think there is room to mod this case to accept one of the multi-chargers in place of the lame OEM charger?

I use the GoPro case with 2 layers and my M2P fits fine with the landing gear. I did make a small mod to accommodate my PP Flight Deck
View attachment 73067

Holiday everything I use most days as well as charging equipment and is well padded

I experienced same event with my rear leg when I tried to unfold it, half of pivot just broke up.
I bought PolarPro retractable landing gear in shop in Poland, is there a chance that they will exchange it for a new one?
I have this polarpro lifetime warranty of course.View attachment 73306

My experience with them is that they stand behind their products and they will, write to them. The new version of the landing gear is much improved. Good luck.

Get Outlook for iOS

How long ago? What generation? I ask as PP did a redesign and I have had no problems with second gen so far.

Reactions: MGVision
How long ago? What generation? I ask as PP did a redesign and I have had no problems with second gen so far.
It is first generation. Not upgraded. Bought it few months ago.
I wrote about this issue to the shop where I bought this landing gear but I had no response so I thought that it is over. Fortunately I found this thread.
Hope that I can get new set from shop here in Poland.

Th
It is first generation. Not upgraded.
I wrote about this issue to the shop where I bought this landing gear but I had no response so I thought that it is over. Fortunately I found this thread.
Contact them. They’ll likely replace them free as this issue was the one that led to gen 2LG. I’ve found PP very customer conscious.

Reactions: MGVision

How old are those? PP revised the design, if you email them, they'll send you a new set no problem. I guarantee it.

So i contacted polarpro and provided bill of my purchase and i got confirmation that they will ship me new set of landing gear. Wow! thats the best customer service i had to deal with! I was sceptical cuz i am from Poland and shipping would cost more then the product alone, but hey, clearly it is not a problem :) Thank you guys for advices :)

Last edited:
Why not just take a nice sharp knife and cut out the foam where the legs are? Just take your time and sculpture it. That is what I did on my case, drone with PolarPro legs now go in and out without any problems.
Yup I did the same. I haven't had any issues yet with this landing gear however its nice to know to be careful when folding or unfolding.

Reactions: Torcan and Thomas B

I had the same exact break on a rear leg extension. Contacted Polar Pro, sent them a picture with my shipping address and contact info. They are sending me a replacement. Very easy to work with.

Today came my new landing gear from PolarPro. I am just amazed that they gave me new upgraded set for free. Also shipping cost them more then product alone. This company is something else. Now i know where to buy accesories for my mavic 2 pro :) I know i sound like advertisement but it is something i did not expect and i am just blown away. Small thing but makes me happy :)

Last edited:
Today came my new landing gear from PolarPro. I am just amazed that they gave me new upgraded set for free. Also shipping cost them more then product alone. This company is something else. Now i know where to buy accesories for my mavic 2 pro :) I know i sound like advertisement but it is something i did not expect and i am just blown away. Small thing but makes me happy :)

Yea I hate to say I told you so but I TOLD YOU SO! Hahaha! I'm glad they took care of you.

I’ve just brought a set of the legs. How do I know whether I’ve got the new version of or old. They seem to work on the first outing

I’ve just brought a set of the legs. How do I know whether I’ve got the new version of or old. They seem to work on the first outing
The old model has been out of production for at least 3 1/2 months. The only change isabetter hinge on the rear ones. I never take mine off, just fold. Polar pro will replace them free, at least if purchase from PP, should any problems of function occur. They have done so in the past.

76647That’s New version with pin inside the pivot

Cool, mine’s exactly like that. I’m going to leave mine on too

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61