DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polarpro retractable landing gear...

Hi Floyd, The landing gear was not redesigned to fit within the DACCKIT case and the changes made should not warrant a change in fit within that particular case. Unfortunately, we do not have a DACCKIT case on hand, but perhaps another member could help us out with the answer once they receive their set of Retract landing gear.

Reactions: HVYMTL
Did a search and didn't find anything on this topic. Hopefully I'm not repeating a current thread.

Anyways, I bought the Polarpro retractable landing gear for my Mavic II. After watching a youtube video, it seemed like a well-build product that would get my Mavic higher off the ground for landings. Plus the legs are retractable so I won't have to take them on and off. Even when retracted the Mavic can still be folded and properly stowed in my case. Pretty cool, right?

The only problem is the design of the rear landing gear. To pivot the rear leg, there's a small plastic pin/rivet (see photo) that broke on me immediately after trying to retract the leg. I was not trying forcing it or misusing it. The pin is so fragile that its breaking is practically inevitable. I noticed Amazon reviewers had the same problem.

So if you buy the landing gear, be EXTREMELY careful when opening and closing the rear landing gear.

Amazon.com : PolarPro Retract Folding Landing Gear for DJI Mavic 2 : Camera & Photo

View attachment 64543

I had exactly the same problem last weekend, when I was retracting the leg one half of the pin snapped

I’m going to see what polar Pro say, as it supposedly has a lifetime warranty

I didn’t use any excessive force, and had don’t the same a few times before without any issue

At the moment I’m still using the front extensions, but with my old pgytech rear legs, but those aren’t retractable

I had exactly the same problem last weekend, when I was retracting the leg one half of the pin snapped

I’m going to see what polar Pro say, as it supposedly has a lifetime warranty

I didn’t use any excessive force, and had don’t the same a few times before without any issue

At the moment I’m still using the front extensions, but with my old pgytech rear legs, but those aren’t retractable

I contacted Amazon.co.uk, and they will refund me, but ideally I’d have liked a replacement leg, although the fragility of the centre pin does concern me

I have the Polar Pro Retract Landing Gear and had the same problem. I used a rivet in place of the plastic pin temporarily while PP sent me a replacement set. I don't think the "new " set is a redesign though... I may have to check into this further.

I contacted Amazon.co.uk, and they will refund me, but ideally I’d have liked a replacement leg, although the fragility of the centre pin does concern me
Hi Wibster, sorry to read about the issues you have had with the ReTract landing gear. We are certainly able to replace your set, all you need to do is contact our support team here: Support. The Support Team will collect all of your information and have a replacement set shipped to you ASAP.

Thanks!

I have the Polar Pro Retract Landing Gear and had the same problem. I used a rivet in place of the plastic pin temporarily while PP sent me a replacement set. I don't think the "new " set is a redesign though... I may have to check into this further.
Hi Lon, We have made a few changes to the landing gear in the latest iteration. Feel free to reach out to our support team for assistance: Support.

Thanks!

Lon: Do let us know when you get the updated gear and if you can, use photos or videos to point out the changes and thanks in advance. I haven't broken another leg yet but the rears do tend to pop off those round tabs frequently which is a pain in the field.

Lon: Do let us know when you get the updated gear and if you can, use photos or videos to point out the changes and thanks in advance. I haven't broken another leg yet but the rears do tend to pop off those round tabs frequently which is a pain in the field.

Yep, "Oliver" hit me up and says they are sending a set out so we'll see. He also said that it wasn't a "redesign" but more of a "manufacturing process change". In any case, we'll see what they come up with. I'll be sure to post a video when I get them. I told them when they first came out to switch to an aluminum rivet style pivot but they are married to this. My first set I used a standard rivet and washer to repair it. Kinda ugly but functional. A two sided production rivet would last forever, however, it may not allow for the locking detents.

So I got the PolarPro leg extenders, and a new PP gimbal lock. Both fit well. Not sure of design changes as never owned the first generation of the leg extenders. The pin on the front gear appears to be metallic, but not sure. The Gimbal lock is awesome and a dream to use.
While it’s a snug fit, no real force required to put the M2P in the cutout of my GPC case with the landing gear folded no force was required... but it had to lined up straight. This may well prevent vibratory movement of the drone during transport.
There is the very slightest contact of the folded front leg folded gear against the pivot point for unfolding the rear legs which you can see in the last pic with the flashlight. Overall I’m very pleased.. goin’ flying now. I’ll get other pics or answer questions when I’m back.1BDB7AA9-715B-40AD-BF11-15AC0B8F34A7.jpeg70C4F03C-38E6-4B58-AFAB-D6B0B7F0A978.jpegC4BD1905-193D-4C83-B278-B2B1FF0B24D3.jpeg1A6BCE07-ECBB-4C88-A7B1-A2A83AD4203A.jpeg344DA7F6-8303-4E73-BE46-8C05402F6761.jpeg0D40CAF1-BB52-48E7-9EC1-51F0BB2DFDC6.jpegDAFC1B53-1784-4BCB-8E88-251A4EAA38B8.jpeg23FA94AF-2F54-4033-96E4-3E7D7EC6606A.jpeg1BDB7AA9-715B-40AD-BF11-15AC0B8F34A7.jpeg70C4F03C-38E6-4B58-AFAB-D6B0B7F0A978.jpegC4BD1905-193D-4C83-B278-B2B1FF0B24D3.jpeg1A6BCE07-ECBB-4C88-A7B1-A2A83AD4203A.jpeg344DA7F6-8303-4E73-BE46-8C05402F6761.jpeg0D40CAF1-BB52-48E7-9EC1-51F0BB2DFDC6.jpegDAFC1B53-1784-4BCB-8E88-251A4EAA38B8.jpeg23FA94AF-2F54-4033-96E4-3E7D7EC6606A.jpeg1BDB7AA9-715B-40AD-BF11-15AC0B8F34A7.jpeg70C4F03C-38E6-4B58-AFAB-D6B0B7F0A978.jpegC4BD1905-193D-4C83-B278-B2B1FF0B24D3.jpegC4BD1905-193D-4C83-B278-B2B1FF0B24D3.jpeg1A6BCE07-ECBB-4C88-A7B1-A2A83AD4203A.jpeg344DA7F6-8303-4E73-BE46-8C05402F6761.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Hauptmann
So I got the PolarPro leg extenders, and a new PP gimbal lock. Both fit well. Not sure of design changes as never owned the first generation of the leg extenders. The pin on the front gear appears to be metallic, but not sure. The Gimbal lock is awesome and a dream to use.
While it’s a snug fit, no real force required to put the M2P in the cutout of my GPC case with the landing gear folded no force was required... but it had to lined up straight. This may well prevent vibratory movement of the drone during transport.
There is the very slightest contact of the folded front leg folded gear against the pivot point for unfolding the rear legs which you can see in the last pic with the flashlight. Overall I’m very pleased.. goin’ flying now. I’ll get other pics or answer questions when I’m back.View attachment 68202View attachment 68203View attachment 68204View attachment 68205View attachment 68206View attachment 68207View attachment 68208View attachment 68209

Nice!

So I got my new Polar Pro Retract landing gear today and it looks like they have started installing a steel pin in the pivot. That should solve the problem I would imagine. Otherwise, they look exactly the same. 20190405_175452.jpg

Reactions: AnzacJack
So I got my new Polar Pro Retract landing gear today and it looks like they have started installing a steel pin in the pivot. That should solve the problem I would imagine. Otherwise, they look exactly the same. View attachment 68477
That confirms it for me.., mine, like yours, have one pin that’s hard to see on the rear LG. As I posted, I thought it was metal. Great confirmation and good pic.

Great to see that they saw a problem and fixed it. Good work

and it looks like they have started installing a steel pin in the pivot.

Lon: Many thanks for that info. The metal pin SHOULD help prevent the leg from slipping over the axle. Mine come off fairly regularly despite being careful extending and retracting. I wonder if PP would consider that enough reason for an exchange with the new model? I'll drop 'em a note and see.

Lon: Many thanks for that info. The metal pin SHOULD help prevent the leg from slipping over the axle. Mine come off fairly regularly despite being careful extending and retracting. I wonder if PP would consider that enough reason for an exchange with the new model? I'll drop 'em a note and see.

I would say yes. They have excellent customer service.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spitspin