DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll: Are you happy with your Mavic?

Are you happy with your Mavic?

• 1. Yes I am happy I bought it and have no intention of selling it.

• 2. No I am not happy with it and would like to get a refund or sell it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well, I could have upgraded to a 4K projector but instead I got a Mavic and Spark. In retrospect, I'll still need to upgrade to a 4K projector to enjoy the output :) Win!

Don't get to use it very often but very happy with my purchase, had no issues at all with it.

The images are amazing, it has such a long range and is so small! I love it

I love the Mavic and have big plans for it ..... But I wish DJI would farm out the software to someone who knows how to program software. With 3 updates in a very short span of time, you would think they would get one of them right. Also I have camera issues and cannot seem to get decent video images.

I read somewhere (don't remember where, hey, I'm old and forget things) that the OS for the onboard computer was Linux which makes me think it shouldn't be too hard for someone who is good with Linux to make it better.

Love my little Mavic, even named David James Iverson since I knew his initials were DJI.

Love Love Love it! I also own a Phantom 4 Pro & find myself flying my Mavic more due to easier set up, quieter, less attention, feels lighter in the air which eludes me into feeling more relaxed in the thought of it coming crashing down from 400ft AGL.
Don't get me wrong, I also love my P4P, but recently it has developed stress cracks, which sort of puts me off flying it. Sending it in soon under a warranty repair, so me and baby mavic will be spending alot more quality time together

Mavic Pro is the Tiger Blood of the Drone world....WWIINNING.!
I have Hi expectation when it comes to tech gadgets.....
but this little marvel exceeds my expectation.
Only issues I have are user learning curve i just want to go higher,farther,faster
Thank DJI,...........C

I just got my mavic three days ago and I love it. My P3P was getting boring. Sport mode is fun. Eight flights so far and I'm happy.

100% happy with mine. One of the best things I've purchased, ever. A couple of glitches, as happens with any product this complex, but overall it's been absolutely fantastic. I am limited only by my own imagination and skill.

Reactions: Black Sky Films
I'm happy with it, but I must confess to a certain amount of fear of disconnect or fly-away. As I sit here writing this I am actually on vacation in Cancun and hesitant to launch because I've had disconnections from the RC in the past.

Reactions: Fried Toast
I was extremely happy with mine until they started disabling functionality, and honestly it's so random I don't like to fly it at all anymore. If they just disabled something and stuck with it fine I could get used to it but it's a total crapshoot when it will function and when it won't. Aside from this big brother extortion into the new firmware, this thing is just top down awesome.

18 flights, almost 2 hours of flight time....HAH!! WHAT DO I KNOW???? All I know is that I LOVE IT! I'm slowy expanding my horizons and finding it to be really stable, reliable and ultra accurate! Got it 4 days ago!

Reactions: scooot
I was extremely happy with mine until they started disabling functionality, and honestly it's so random I don't like to fly it at all anymore. If they just disabled something and stuck with it fine I could get used to it but it's a total crapshoot when it will function and when it won't. Aside from this big brother extortion into the new firmware, this thing is just top down awesome.

What have they disabled? I just got mine in March and it has the same features that it came out of the box with. Well I take that back, they added Airplane Mode.

Mine tends to yaw a little to the left when hovering, and pictures are a little soft in the lower right corner, but I can live with these issues just fine , couldn't be happier with it, I'm not that picky and it takes awesome pictures, I can say it's the coolest toy I've ever bought, I like flying it more than my real airplanes!

On mine they randomly disabled the connection to my tablet, the RC worked fine but the tablet would fail to connect because the Firmware version was not up to date. I spent three hours today updating it and the first time I fired it up I got my first ever NFZ restriction right in my driveway. I'm taking it out again now that it's dark to do some work on camera settings, hopefully the new update hasn't made any significant functionality changes.

On mine they randomly disabled the connection to my tablet, the RC worked fine but the tablet would fail to connect because the Firmware version was not up to date. I spent three hours today updating it and the first time I fired it up I got my first ever NFZ restriction right in my driveway. I'm taking it out again now that it's dark to do some work on camera settings, hopefully the new update hasn't made any significant functionality changes.

Really sounds like a table issue not anything DJI disabled. Run mine with firmware notices for weeks without any issues on my iPad. Do you run an Android device? 99% of the time people talk about issues with their phone or tablet it's with an Android device. It is pretty well know DJI supports Apple products much more stable than Android. I have iPads and iPhones but I pretty much hate everything about Apple except for one major thing....their products are the best there is. If you can put up with Apple and the quirky ways you have to do things you have the best products, tables and phone on the market hands down. You just don't have issues with iPhones and iPads, at least I haven't in the 7 years I've been using them. Another thing about Apple and this is the 2nd biggest thing they have going for them. You are never wanting a new iPhone or iPad every 4 months. I am over 2 and half years on my iPhone 6 and I'm happy to wait on the iPhone 8 which is probably 4-5 months away from release. Other than the small hardware changes they give you everything the new phone has because with new phones comes a major iOS release. Ok I'm done talking Apple because I really do hate them. I wish Android would come out with a product as well made as Apple. One other thing about Apple, you can surf to the deepest darkest sites the internet has to offer you and you'll NEVER get a highjacked browser or virus. Way off topic there but we're mostly guys on here and guys know what guys look at when they're not playing with playing with their toys. So to sum this, not sure where it all went wrong post, I'm about 95% sure DJI didn't lock you out of connecting your table in some sinister way, I'd be willing to bet you are using an Android product and are having a compatibility issue with the update and your tablet. Is it DJI's fault? Probably but again I don't think they had a motive behind it.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent