DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll: Are you happy with your Mavic?

Are you happy with your Mavic?

• 1. Yes I am happy I bought it and have no intention of selling it.

• 2. No I am not happy with it and would like to get a refund or sell it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
On mine they randomly disabled the connection to my tablet, the RC worked fine but the tablet would fail to connect because the Firmware version was not up to date. I spent three hours today updating it and the first time I fired it up I got my first ever NFZ restriction right in my driveway. I'm taking it out again now that it's dark to do some work on camera settings, hopefully the new update hasn't made any significant functionality changes.

One other thing, when you say you got an NFZ restriction, correct me if I'm wrong but an NFZ restriction doesn't disable anything or restrict you in any way does it? I've gotten them and a pop up comes up and I have to check that I am flying at my own risk or something like that and then I fly as usual. This is to alert you that you may be flying in a restricted zone, which I think is a good thing, and you should fly with caution and by the rules, like them or not. We have to respect the airspace if we want to continue this hobby. I live about 6 miles from hospital which has a life flight helicopter and landing pad on the roof. I get the NFZ warning all the time and I keep my flying below 400' and I'm fine. It's the idiots who what to fly up in the clouds and post videos who will destroy this hobby. They always accompany their videos with the disclaimer, "I checked the radar before taking my drone up to 3000'." Because I'm sure they have a radar tower in their yard and are positive no small aircraft traveling at 100mph is going to travel into their path while they are up there for 15 minutes flying around. There are different types of zones and you may fall into one and get a warning but it doesn't necessarily mean you can't fly there, it means there are restrictions. A general rule of thumb I always follow is I stay below 400', I do go above 900 feet in the city I live in which is in a deep valley. We have the steepest vehicular inclined plane in the world so when I either fly from the top or bottom to the top I have to travel above 900'. The mountain drops from 900' down to the city streets in just about 100 yards out.
758ed208f7eb18a6c0d138192c68105a.jpg

Fly safe my friend!

Last edited:
Reactions: Black Sky Films
One other thing, when you say you got an NFZ restriction, correct me if I'm wrong but an NFZ restriction doesn't disable anything or restrict you in any way does it? I've gotten them and a pop up comes up and I have to check that I am flying at my own risk or something like that and then I fly as usual. This is to alert you that you may be flying in a restricted zone, which I think is a good thing, and you should fly with caution and by the rules, like them or not. We have to respect the airspace if we want to continue this hobby. I live about 6 miles from hospital which has a life flight helicopter and landing pad on the roof. I get the NFZ warning all the time and I keep my flying below 400' and I'm fine. It's the idiots who what to fly up in the clouds and post videos who will destroy this hobby. They always accompany their videos with the disclaimer, "I checked the radar before taking my drone up to 3000'." Because I'm sure they have a radar tower in their yard and are positive no small aircraft traveling at 100mph is going to travel into their path while they are up there for 15 minutes flying around. There are different types of zones and you may fall into one and get a warning but it doesn't necessarily mean you can't fly there, it means there are restrictions. A general rule of thumb I always follow is I stay below 400', I do go above 900 feet in the city I live in which is in a deep valley. We have the steepest vehicular inclined plane in the world so when I either fly from the top or bottom to the top I have to travel above 900'. The mountain drops from 900' down to the city streets in just about 100 yards out.

Fly safe my friend!

0ea040e76726a85c8721bcefd6341e3d.jpg

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab E 8", it's Android. In fairness you are right it could be a tablet side issue, it is known for it's lack of RAM. The only reason I believe it's DJI update related is none of these problems appeared until it started telling me my firmware was out of date and I needed to update, which was right around the time they said they would start disabling functionality on MP's not fully updated.

PS
The NFZ restriction did NOT disable my flight, I've just never seen it before.

Great little bird, great range, quick to setup/takeoff, good flight time. I have a Blade 350QX with a chinese eBay gimbal, several 3DR Solos, a P3P and the Mavic. The 4K video is stable even on windy days and looks really amazing on a 5K iMac display. (if you don't own a 4k or 5k display, take your sd card/adapter and go to a Mac store to view it on a 27 inch iMac, you will love it) I like the size and portability, it was a drawback on the Solo and P3 birds. I remember when we started flying electric airplanes with nicads, a good flight time was 5 minutes and it was heavy as a concrete block. Flying the Mavic with a full battery is a very long flight indeed for something that almost fits in your jacket pocket.
The return to home precision landing is simply amazing and dead nuts accurate. Very stable in the wind. Relatively quiet compared to other quads. Easy to update firmware compared to the arduous P3P updates. Downside for me, the gimbal is tiny and looks pretty delicate. I have not had to deal with DJI support, and from what I've read do not want to. But bottom line, I do really like the Mavic.

Reactions: WizDrone
The only possible way I would ever consider selling mine would be if I could get every dollar I spent on it plus some. And since that will prob never happen I guess I prob will never sell it. And that is just fine with me :) I love it

Had mine for almost 2 weeks now, hardly had chance to play with it for more than 5 minutes, then on my first day off work yesterday, the weather wasn't playing ball, i did get out for an hour inbetween rain showers though and had a bit of practice flying in sports mode etc, i love it. I really want to get some good aeriel photography from it now. Back at work for another week though :(

Can't wait to get it to NZ in September though :D

I was exceeding happy until DJI committed a breach of contract(under California consumer law) with the latest software releases resulting in 6K+ worth of DJI hardware now being grounded even though I am a legal distance from the local airport(kids in the local ATC tower even know me by name...).. onto the rooting/unlocking forums away from this site..

if I had to do it over again after what has happened i would NOT buy DJI again EVER..

Just ordered the goggles,those should be cool with the mavic. After my last post I bought another mavic because there are times when we want two filming at the same time.
We have been shooting up in the tree canopy and looking down shooting offload motorcycle races so we have crashed a few times, had to replace 3 gimbals in full at $400 each but it was worth it.
I have tried to fix a few but they still have a blurry image,even after a ribbon cable fix.
We have 5 inspires and use them for other film projects but in a tight space the mavic is great. I would like to see a better camera at some point.

Had My Mavic Pro for 3 weeks now, in Australia bought mine off EBAY ! An Amazing Drone, Been a great first time experience with a Drone, couldn't be happier, I will attach my flight record so far;

Attachments

• IMG_2125.PNG
    IMG_2125.PNG
    437.1 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: WizDrone
I've had mine for about 2 months now and it's the only one I fly now! I have the P3A and the Tarot Ironman 680 but I only seem to want to fly the Mavic Pro now. I can't get enough of it! I just got my DJI Goggles 2 days ago (I have been using the HeadPlay goggles with my Mavic). I finally got a chance to use them today and together with the Mavic is a beautiful thing!
I am very happy!

Had the exact same experience except for I sent it back to DJI. It took 5 weeks to get it back. Amazon said I should have sent it back to them and they would have sent a new one. But like you said I really love this drone.
Took me 5 exchanges to get one with a camera that worked 100%...luckily i bought from shop i work in so exchanged it with them each time so no delay...if had bought direct tho i would have given up after 2nd swap due to the delays-they need get their act together...now got one working 100% tho i love it with the exception of nfz software...i mean if i want fly it 5 foot from ground in my back yard 2 miles from an airport,wheres the harm?

Reactions: newguy
Love mine.....a little hassle with FW but on 7.0 now with no issues....I took a chance and bought mine used ( only twice) for $700

Upgrading from the Phantom 3 Standard & loving the Mavic Pro. I have more confidence in the machine and its easy to go places with it because of the portability.

Bought my Mavic from Thunderdrones last week and love it have only about 4 flights so far. Just trying to get used to the camera settings there's so many!!!!!

Last edited:
Had My Mavic Pro for 3 weeks now, in Australia bought mine off EBAY ! An Amazing Drone, Been a great first time experience with a Drone, couldn't be happier, I will attach my flight record so far;

How the level of pilot is working ??

Still level 1....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu