DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll: Are you happy with your Mavic?

Are you happy with your Mavic?

• 1. Yes I am happy I bought it and have no intention of selling it.

• 2. No I am not happy with it and would like to get a refund or sell it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bought my Mavic from Thunderdrones last week and love it have only about 4 flights so far. Just trying to get used to the camera settings there's so many!!!!!

Glad you're loving it! You're a careful pilot, and you take care of your equipment, so I'm sure you're going to have many good flights with it.

Reactions: Gmoney
It's an astonishing machine . . . Never ceases to amaze me.

Did a 90 m high, 1 km flight yesterday (2km there and back) RTH to within a "couple of inches" incredible

Reactions: JMF and Gmoney
I sold my P4 to buy the Mavic and I couldn't be more happy

The Mavic so far has been flawless for me it's my 5th DJI drone and no problems with any of the others either . I'm not a big fan of the "tap to focus " that was an adjustment and the camera isn't fully on par with my P4 but is pretty good for its size , the portability goes without saying . Overall I'm pretty happy with it...

Reactions: Gmoney
Love my Mavic and despite owning only a couple of weeks, I already dumped in another $1500 in accessories not including the Tactical case which I'll order in a few weeks.

I wanted to add a thank you to ThunderDrones for being a valued member who can do repairs on these flying computers.

Love my Mavic and despite owning only a couple of weeks, I already dumped in another $1500 in accessories not including the Tactical case which I'll order in a few weeks.

I wanted to add a thank you to ThunderDrones for being a valued member who can do repairs on these flying computers.

Good luck with your new bird!

Please cast your vote either way.

Just wondering how people feel about their Mavics after purchase. I have personally experienced DJI's shipping delays, repair delays, and sometimes incompetent staff, but overall, I am 100% satisfied with mine. Its the best consumer drone Ive ever had, and is really revolutionary in its design and capabilities.

You can read 100 messages here from people having problems, and I think most of those are from owners not reading the manual or not understanding something and not being patient enough to read past posts and self-diagnose.

I do buy sell and repair Mavics, but from a personal point of view, after owning hundreds of RC aircraft in my life, the Mavic is my favorite.
This is an older threat but I'd like to comment. I have the MPP and I do like it a lot. I still have my Phantom 3 Standard and I still appreciate its ease of use and better AUTO setting for the camera. I don't fly to take professional photography, just to have fun and enjoy my photos so AUTO is important to me. But I find with the Mavic I am having to tweak the settings to try to get what I have with my Phantom 3 Standard in AUTO. Otherwise, oh my gosh, the portability is so nice. I carry it around in its small shoulder pack and can "whip it out" just anywhere anytime. It's fun. I keep it in my RTV on my property and am always ready to "go up." Could it be improved? Sure. There could be drop down legs so it could land more places. AUTO in camera could be better. Battery life could be longer if the battery was just a little stronger. Waterproof would be a hit. And some kind of GPS built in signal sender would give owners more assurance they could find it if crashed. Right now, it is tops!!!!! The ONLY thing DJI could do is improve its service reputation.

Had mine since April 2017. I wish the camera was better. It takes a bit of work to get intended video/images. The size, features and flight time can't be touched by other manufacturers. Only thing that bothers me is finding a place to fly and stay legal.

Please cast your vote either way.

Just wondering how people feel about their Mavics after purchase. I have personally experienced DJI's shipping delays, repair delays, and sometimes incompetent staff, but overall, I am 100% satisfied with mine. Its the best consumer drone Ive ever had, and is really revolutionary in its design and capabilities.

You can read 100 messages here from people having problems, and I think most of those are from owners not reading the manual or not understanding something and not being patient enough to read past posts and self-diagnose.

I do buy sell and repair Mavics, but from a personal point of view, after owning hundreds of RC aircraft in my life, the Mavic is my favorite.
My mavic has a error that pops up on my remote saying something is wrong with the app. Can’t figure it out

My mavic has a error that pops up on my remote saying something is wrong with the app. Can’t figure it out

Is it saying there is something wrong with the app, or is it something like "error - check app" which is telling you to look at the app to read what the error is? Could just be asking you to do a calibration.

100% happy had it almost a year and it did develop a problem and dji support fix it within a week

Had mine since April 2017. I wish the camera was better. It takes a bit of work to get intended video/images. The size, features and flight time can't be touched by other manufacturers. Only thing that bothers me is finding a place to fly and stay legal.

Yeah it can be time consuming making sure you are legal. Does the park allow it? Is there a helipad near by? Does it have a contact number?
Is there going to be an ******* in the park that has a fear of Drones. Much of the apprehensions about Drones is "Is it spying on me?"

I did find 3 local parks that allow drones, you just have to fill out a form and prove that you are an AMA member or have some other insurance at two of them. Which is nice in a way because you have a piece of paper to pull out that says I have permission.

A third park has no paperwork and there are a lot of people that fly there when there is no sports activity.

Then you can fly in just about any state park. You can Not take off or land in any National Park or Wildlife preserve.

I once thought wouldn't it be cool to film the lava flowing into the ocean off the big island of Hawaii but you know what they say you have to almost be standing in the ocean to take off and land and be legal.

Reactions: dewster
I love my Mavic Pro but I wonder about the audience here in this forum. I think 90% of people coming to this website will be happy with the MP. If you polled all MP owners over the entire owner base you might see a lower percentage. With that said I think the MP is a very impressive an successful product. No doubt!

Only had mine a couple of weeks but am blown away by it.
I thought the Spark was great which it is but the Mavic is in a different league.
Double the flight time, better camera/gimble, faster, better connection to remote/phone. I could go on.
My Spark is going on ebay this weekend, the Mavic is going nowhere. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: dewster
Bought my Mavic from Thunderdrones last week and love it have only about 4 flights so far. Just trying to get used to the camera settings there's so many!!!!!

I'm up to 131 flights now. I have 4 batteries to get in a fair amount of stick time on each outing. Still working like a dream. Love this machine!

Reactions: drmort
I love my Mavic Pro but I wonder about the audience here in this forum. I think 90% of people coming to this website will be happy with the MP. If you polled all MP owners over the entire owner base you might see a lower percentage. With that said I think the MP is a very impressive an successful product. No doubt!
Not sure I agree as a lot of folks only post on the forums if/when they have an issue so it tends to skew the perception that everyone is having issues. I think a poll is a valid yard stick to the overall satisfaction of the owners.....would be interesting to see if there was a similar poll on the DJI forum and what the statistics revealed there......Personally, I quit going on that forum much anymore as it seems a large majority of the posts are from new owners complaining about things because they don't know or understand the Mavic well enough yet....This forum (in my opinion) is much more productive and has a lot of highly experienced folks posting productive and useful information. So I used this forum as my "go to" for anything Mavic Pro.

I think a lot of the people who have problems are the ones who were unfortunate to get their drone back when DJI had a backlog and cut quality assurance to get the drones out. There was a bad batch of them. I guess DJI figured they would just replace any bad ones.

It's a solid machine otherwise.

I think a lot of the people who have problems are the ones who were unfortunate to get their drone back when DJI had a backlog and cut quality assurance to get the drones out. There was a bad batch of them. I guess DJI figured they would just replace any bad ones.

It's a solid machine otherwise.
I got mine in December (build date of 12/06/16) and have had zero issues with mine (knock on wood).....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000