Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Tablet in a mount

Votes: 44 33.3%
  • Goggles or other wearable display

Votes: 16 12.1%

• Total voters

LivinLarge

Reactions
Does anyone really just use a phone mounted in the arms? I prefer a tablet in a mount with a sunshade and lanyard.
I have old eyes and fat fingers. I find the phone display to be too small to read easily and the touch screen to be difficult to operate accurately.

I answered phone in the arms because that's what I'm using right now. But it's not what I *want* to be using. I'll probably get a cheap 7" tablet but a pair of those Epson goggles look pretty sweet.

DJI Goggles are my favorite. Flying in Sport+ mode at 72km/h 2-5m above the ground in Goggles is just breathtaking... the closest thing to real flying, which I also do (wingsuit BASE, proximity flying). The sensation of being right there screaming across the ground is something no phone or tablet can give.

Reactions: Banned and Wipster
Ipad on a mount if I'm at home or out in the car. Iphone in the arms if out on foot in the hills. Just got the DJI goggles (and some cheap +3 readers), first flight yesterday, but ned to get confident with the menu settings on those. Would love to try the Epsons.

I fly with a samsung note pro 12.2. No problems with it and can handle go4 app pretty decent. With power saving mode enabled it seems to run better. Not sure how or why less power to the CPU helps, but it does! Also use Noroot firewall to avoid those pesky dji updates.

I am using a Crystalsky 5.5 and love it ....

I have had the DJI Goggles but have used them only one time in the the last 4 Months! I can't seem to get away from using my Headplay Goggles, they work so good. I wish I would have never bought the DJI Goggles!

I answered phone in the arms because that's what I plan on using when my Mavic arrives today. Mostly because my phone (Galaxy S7) has a bright screen that I can easily read in direct sunlight.

I tried a couple of different tablets when I had my P3A. I always had problems seeing the screen, even with a sunshade and anti-glare shield.

I use a Nexus 7 tablet. It will just fit in the arms but makes it awkward to grip the arms and operate the sticks because the arms are opened out all the way. Also the tablet really needs a sunscreen but when you add one, it hits your thumb knuckles making it uncomfortable to use. I have added a fold up mount to the back of the tablet which holds it high enough above the sticks for easy operation and the arms are in a more comfortable position. I have attached a sunscreen to the tablet which folds down flat when not in use. The tablet is easy to store with the mount and sunscreen attached.

I switch between a 5.2" Huwaei P8 phone and ipad mini 2.
To be honest, I probably prefer the P8 phone. So much more portable and easier to set up.
I find the P8 works just as well as the ipad too, it has a pretty fast processor and the screen is nice and clear.
Must admit though, I'd love a Crystalsky but can't quite justify the cost at the moment.

Portability is the main thing for me, so it's the phone. If bulk didn't matter to me, I'd still be flying the Inspire.

I use an iphone 5s and a Samsung s8.

What do people believe is better out of

1) dji Goggles or
2) Epson moverio?

Probably I ll try getting one of those instead of a tablet.

Does anyone really just use a phone mounted in the arms? I prefer a tablet in a mount with a sunshade and lanyard.
I have old eyes and fat fingers. I find the phone display to be too small to read easily and the touch screen to be difficult to operate accurately.
Get yourself a Crystal Sky

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa