DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poor image quality

As others have stated, no lens is going to be perfect across all of the corners and even expensive ILC lenses have to be stopped down to get the best corner performance. Even with your Mini 2 photo (flower image) I do see distortion and loss of sharpness in the top left and bottom right corners. With that being said, I see a greater amount of distortion and loss of sharpness in the top and bottom left corners of the Mini 4 photo (beach view). The middle and right side of the Mini 4 photo look acceptable so my first thought is that your Mini 4 lens has a slight amount of decentering which favors the right side. However, without seeing additional examples where the entire frame is on the same plane of focus with good lighting, it is difficult to conclude what is happening.
thanks for the comment. i checked many images and as you say the top left and bottom left are the worst. yes, fixed f1.7 does not help with lens distortion. but would you not agree that even the center sharpness seems to be better in the mini 2 than mini 4 pro? peoples comment that i should not use leaves etc to judge sharpness but that is exactly where it shows. if tree leaves or grass looks like a fudge it is a bad sign for me. at 100% view i expect a crisp sharp image. i took some screen images of special test patterns and it shows the same loss of sharpness in the respective corners. sure it would be great to be able to stop down the the aperture but it is what it is

2 things that occur to me about that bottom left corner especially:

1. That section of bush is a bit taller than the rest of it, yet the focus is dialled in for the main centre of the image, which is about 10 ft further down, so that bit might be blurry in that case ?

2. Being the highest bit of bush is it possible it was moving in the wind, which also would have produced the blur ?

...notwithstanding everything everyone said about images going a bit ropey in the corners of consumer level gear, which is my XP too.
not sure which picture you are referring to but in general the exposure time was 1/8000s. so motion blur would not be the issue and what i see is not motion blur but actual distortions

not sure which picture you are referring to but in general the exposure time was 1/8000s. so motion blur would not be the issue and what i see is not motion blur but actual distortions

Was that a typo and you meant 1/800?

with ISO 100 and the brightest possible sunny day, I just can't make that exposure work with a quick calculation, but I'm probably screwing something up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nemesix