DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Prop blades pivot link pin

Mikezb

Reactions
Hi all, had a Mavic Pro for 6 months and have flown many times in beginners mode and then normal mode. I usually remove props. Went to fly this w/end and luckily saw the pin that holds the blade to the prop linkage was missing. Curious to know how this was fitted I discovered the pin was a push in fit by trying to remove the other pin. Replaced old pin back and it required a lot of pressure. So question is how did the pin come out. This was on the original DJI blades. So something to check before take off. Never found the old pin. Just a heads up forbypu guys. Cheers.

Are these your OEM props that came with the drone when new? Ive repaired thousands and I have never seen a pin come out of a prop hub, nor have I ever seen a prop hub fail. The pin is press fitted at the factory, so it cant be maintenanced. Have you had any hard landings where the prop struck the ground? I completely believe you, and it makes me think something happened to that prop to make it fail.

If I were you, I would throw that one in the trash and not fly with it.

Prop top.jpgProp bottom.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, I purchased my drone as a complete deal. 3 batteries, bag and extras including two set of props, these sets are both identical on checking.
This incident was absolutely true and I was amazed that this pin had fallen out.
As you have recommended I have thrown out the faulty part.
I have seen your responses, question and advice and appreciate your input on this. If my Input helps anyone in the future, then great.
Cheers

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eng.Sabri