DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pulling travel distance info off the Mavic

MavicCF

Reactions
Hopefully this will be a fairly easy question to answer. I like to keep track of the number of miles my Mavic has flown by checking the Travel Distance spot in the Flight Record page on the app. The other day I decided to clear up some space on my phone and started deleting old individual flight records, after I had deleted a bunch I suddenly realized that that would probably affect my total number of feet flown. I checked and yup, sure enough, I had lost about 50 miles worth! Now, my question is, can I pull the same logs of the Mavic itself through Assistant, and if so, how? Thanks for the help! -CF

You can retrieve the DAT flight logs from the Mavic like this.

Reactions: MavicCF
Now that I am doing it, I realize those are individual logs, is there no general info page or logs?

That's the raw log data from your Mavic. You can use DatCon to access the data within those files.

A truly great option is to use airdata.com. With their companion app, your logs are automatically uploaded (or not - your choice), where the data is mapped and charted, showing you an insane amount of information on each flight. I've been through a few Android devices since getting my Mavic a year ago, and ALL of my flights were uploaded to airdata.com, where I can see all of my individual flight stats, plus an overview of total miles flown, fastest speeds, battery and wind stats. You might want to check it out.

Right, it's just raw data. DatCon will generate a CSV file. Once in that format, the world is your oyster.

But they won't tell me my total flight distance, just the distance for a certain flight right? -CF
Here's a screen shot of my "overview" page on airdata.com, showing my accumulated totals. You can see a listing of each individual flight on the left, where you can click into each for complete details on that particular flight. Their basic plan is free, for up to your first 100 logs.
6abdf1d8ef4df1dbb128d1e34d665598.jpg

AirData is useful for TXT flight logs, but it's not going to help the OP in this case.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Am I wrong? As long as you sync your TXT log data in the DJI GO4 app with DJI's servers they will store all your flight data. If you delete it from your phone before syncing it's gone.

Am I wrong? As long as you sync your TXT log data in the DJI GO4 app with DJI's servers they will store all your flight data. If you delete it from your phone before syncing it's gone.
I think that's correct, however this phone is dedicated to the Mavic so it always stays in airplane mode and I have never uploaded the logs (honestly I figure DJI really doesn't need to know all that infoo_O). -CF

I think that's correct, however this phone is dedicated to the Mavic so it always stays in airplane mode and I have never uploaded the logs (honestly I figure DJI really doesn't need to know all that infoo_O). -CF
Sending the TXT data from your phone to airdata is a similar way to upload (but you have to pay to store more than 100 flights). DAT flight data is stored in the Mavic and you can try to retrieve it to your computer with Flight Assistant. Personally I can't get it to work but many people post the DAT files in this forum so it's worth playing with it. Flight Assistant is also used to update MP firmware.

If you don't sync your flight log to Dji or Airdata server it's gone if you delete it from your device.
It is just limited space for flight log in your AC so it will overwrite the oldest. That is the reason for have these logs in Airdata or Dji servers.

If you don't sync your flight log to Dji or Airdata server it's gone if you delete it from your device.
It is just limited space for flight log in your AC so it will overwrite the oldest. That is the reason for have these logs in Airdata or Dji servers.
I had never even considered deleting them until my phone (it's old) started slowing down. I guess it's just going to take longer to reach the 500 mile mark. Live and learn I guess, thanks everyone! -CF

Reactions: gullisig
I had never even considered deleting them until my phone (it's old) started slowing down. I guess it's just going to take longer to reach the 500 mile mark. Live and learn I guess, thanks everyone! -CF
Airdata is good for tracking logs for you. It will also tell you the use of each battery you have.

I'll have to take a look at it as it does seem pretty nice. You can find battery usage info on the GO app when the AC is connected, although not to the extent that Airdata has (it just tells you how many times it's been charged). Well it looks like I have some new backup options so that's a step in the right direction! Thanks. -CF

Reactions: Qoncussion
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blokinblain