DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about buying a Mavic 2 blank for diy drone repair

ggold82

Reactions
Hey all, was hoping to get some insight...

I recently catastrophically crashed a Mavic 2 Pro that I bought Second-hand. This was not covered by DJI care refresh, so obviously all repairs will be out of pocket. As I understand, if I were to just send my aircraft in to be repaired, if it has had DJI care refresh on it before, I will not be able to cover it again. Is this correct?

I recently saw on ebay that some people sell mavic 2 blanks that have never been registered. They claim to be able to be covered by DJI care refresh once activated. I assume this is just a blank body with arms, sensors, and motors and I would need to transfer my current flights boards to the new blank body and purchase a gimbal and camera (either Pro or Zoom) and install this on the blank as well.

Has anyone ever tried this? Seems like a much smarter way to fix the drone than to pay an arm and a leg to have something fixed just to be a little hesitant with it due to lack of coverage.

Please let me know if this is worth it, or just a waste of time.

Thanks

Is it still within the original Care Refresh dates? If so there are usually 2 x use first year but 1 if in the optional extension. It's transferable

Are you referring to the one that I crashed? How do I find that out about DJI care refresh? from the serial number?

The bodies that I've seen on ebay are said to never have been activated and are supposed to be eligible for DJI Care refresh. I was wondering if there was anyone out there that had any first hand experience with this?

Are you referring to the one that I crashed? How do I find that out about DJI care refresh? from the serial number?

The bodies that I've seen on ebay are said to never have been activated and are supposed to be eligible for DJI Care refresh. I was wondering if there was anyone out there that had any first hand experience with this?
Yes the crashed one. The previous owner would know and have the receipt with # of times used. DJI also knows but don't know if they give that info.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato