DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you prefer hard shell case or soft sided case?

• Hard shell

Votes: 42 37.5%
  • Soft sided

Votes: 31 27.7%
  • Depends on where I'm going

Votes: 39 34.8%

• Total voters
This is the case that I have. I posted some pictures of my Mavic/Nanuk in the CrystalSky forum.

I can also confirm that the MavMount will fit (if you have an empty battery slot). I have two favorite mounts... the Evo 3D for CrystalSky and the MavMount for CrystalSky -- I switch between them. When I travel with the MavMount it will fit in the case... I just put it ballhead-down in one of the empty battery slots. It seems to work just fine.

Great review - Thanks!

I changed my mind (and my vote) regarding transporting my Mavic. I just bought the Fly More bag after seeing some pictures and videos in which I saw that it could hold anything I need for pure flying. I will still use my hardcase for rough transports or when it just needs more protection regarind the weather. It might be called the Fly More bag, but I'd rather call it the Travel Easy bag ;).
Reason for me to buy the bag is that I often jump on my bike to go somewhere to fly, usually around 15 minutes of cycling. When going by bike, I just don't want to carry a backpack. I might just buy a Phantom as well then. To keep the Mavic as portable as it is intended to be, I really like the shoulderbag. Easy to carry around, holds everything I need and keeps it small and compact.
It actually holds more than the hardcase... My hardcase doesn't have a proper slot for the iPad, though it can be squeezed in and the tabletholder doesn't even fit.
The iPad sits secure in the front pocket and the tablet holder sits on te side. The Mavic with remote, extra battery, props and cables are within the bag.
Like I said, this bag is for pure flying, but it can hold a lot more if needed.

Each has his or her own preferences of course, just sharing mine :).

full

full

until I got the Titan Atlas I just used the fly more bag and it was good enough for me but now no longer fit for purpose
So I bought a bag off eBay for £16 which looks like it'll do the job
Ordered some Velcro to keep the Atlas where its placed in the photo
_20171109_155712.JPG

Reactions: go fast
That's a nice setup , bottom line is there's several options for our individual needs ...

I spend ages looking for a bag / hard case that can hold the Titan setup
This was the only bag that found that looks suitable with the little bit of modification

Hey fellas, I just wanted to highlight how well the SKB Mavic Hardcase works for me. I have the three batteries, controller, spare cords, Crystalsky 5.5 monitor, lens filters and spare blades under the Mavic. It's really sturdy, waterproof, and lockable. For the record, I was laying my 8" Samsung S2 across the top and the cover held it in place. Also I have the extended landing gear on my drone and it still fits. The case was $75 at Best Buy on sale.20171109_220624.jpg

I'm just curious as to everyone's primary choice for carrying your MP? Do you like a hard case, soft case, hybrid, or what? I really like a hard shell case because I love the durability and security, but it I have found that most people prefer a soft-sided shoulder bag type. Am I weird?

No your not weird i to like the hard case
But i do have a the Backpack just because
Of the space i just have to many ***. With it
Now. It dose defeat to easy to carry part but
I-need it all

Nanuk 920 for me I operate in dust and the soft cases do not do as well
Also have a separate Apache case just for the extra RC and atlas booster antenna

Hard case all the way :)

ce73dac0ba55bf0394dec958a37436d5.jpg

I use the fly more bundle bag. It is compact, holds everything I need for extended usage, and I can travel with it easily. I do not want to get rid of the main benefit of the Mavic (size and portability) to be counteracted by a giant pelican case or duffel bag.

I use the fly more bundle bag. It is compact, holds everything I need for extended usage, and I can travel with it easily. I do not want to get rid of the main benefit of the Mavic (size and portability) to be counteracted by a giant pelican case or duffel bag.
As you can see I cannot make mine but so small because of the EVO-LITE PLUS and REX Antenna that I have installed.

First, is Brojon and Dirkcloud related? Their profile pics are mighty similar. They could be brothers or at least cousins.

I personally have the purse that came with the combo, a Lowepro Droneguard BP 200 backpack and the SKB Mavic hard case. The backpack is nice because it packs tons off stuff besides my Mavic. I use the hardcase the most because I take my drone to construction sites and I was concerned for its safety.View attachment 24127

This is what I use. Lowepro makes a great product. I have the. 250 so I can carry my DSLR as well.

As you can see I cannot make mine but so small because of the EVO-LITE PLUS and REX Antenna that I have installed.

Yea I have the Crystalsky monitor and other stuff that makes the purse that came with it impractical. Besides, a hard case is badass and I don't see any real difference between the hard case and the bag in terms of portability. Carrying a case isn't any different than carrying a bag imho.

Last edited:
I use a smatree (semi) hardcase. I like it, it’s fits everything I need and seems to protect it well. However, I’m starting to want one of the shoulder bags for those times I want to just grab and go.

photo 3.JPG Fly more combo bag. It holds everything I need to fly in a kit so small it is unnoticeable.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead