DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick Survey, How Many Have Read The Manual?

Quick Survey How Many Have Read The Manual?

• Total voters

Juggler

Reactions
Hi People
I am curious as to how many of us have actually read the manual for their respective drones.
A great deal of the posts on this forum wouldnt have been asked, in my opinion, if the manaul had been read.
I know with the MA2 you only get a quick start paper guide and if you want the full manual you have to go hunting.
Having said that, the forum would be a lot quieter if it wasnt for these question.

Just curious ?

Hi People
I am curious as to how many of us have actually read the manual for their respective drones.
A great deal of the posts on this forum wouldnt have been asked, in my opinion, if the manaul had been read.
I know with the MA2 you only get a quick start paper guide and if you want the full manual you have to go hunting.
Having said that, the forum would be a lot quieter if it wasnt for these question.

Just curious ?

Now what fun would that be?

You’d be killing off the sites revenue.

And the manual shamers Just wouldn’t know what to do. They double the amount traffic because we spend more effort, telling them They should read the manual than just answering the question.

Reactions: pelagic_one
3 drones for many years - yes, always, many several times. I have always found something new on each reading.

After I got my MPP last year I could not see the type in the book. So looked it up on the Internet & read it there.

Truth be known I learned much more on this form than from the book. As actual people flying & the problems they faced. NO book can ever tell you that.

Now what fun would that be?

You’d be killing off the sites revenue.

And the manual shamers Just wouldn’t know what to do. They double the amount traffic because we spend more effort, telling them They should read the manual than just answering the question.
Just currios is "than" anything like "then" there is a difference.

We should "then" nominate Siri for grammar award for the year.
Here’s what’s really weird Siri will get it right and then go back and change it.
More than once it’s been correct but I didn’t notice Siri went back and changed it.

And we’re worried about AI? It’s kind of scary.

I failed to read the manual for my first-ever drone, the Mini, back in December. Upon returning from my first few flights, I posted a question about the “diagonal zebra stripes” and was promptly told by a few respected members to read the manual.

I‘ve read every subsequent Mavic manual since that embarrassing thread.

But I’ve learned to respond to similar newbie questions with a link to the manual, and the specific page(s) containing the pertinent information.

Reactions: SkyeHigh
Here’s what’s really weird Siri will get it right and then go back and change it.
More than once it’s been correct but I didn’t notice Siri went back and changed it.

And we’re worried about AI? It’s kind of scary.
you are obviously not married as if you were you would have noticed women always get the last word....typically SIRI is no exception?

I just realized you should have had one more answer. I read the manual but don’t remember what I read.

I’ve read the manual several times...even got a hard copy that I read in the smallest office in the house...but I still learn more from this site. Interesting that people don’t even read the start up manual that tells you how to access the full manual

• Love
Reactions: Camino Ken
It’s way easier to either ask on here or even better the all mighty google. He knows everything.

I think most folks don’t even know there is a manual. Dji does a horrible job letting new buyers know that a manual exists and even worse telling them where to find it. But it makes for an easy argument when dji comes back and says “your drone flew away because you didn’t read the manual”
So when someone responds to a question with “RTM”, I don’t think it’s degrading or insulting as some people try to make it out to be. It’s usually the best possible answer to the question and the most helpful response.

Reactions: Platinum 4 ever
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech