DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rc signal lost!!!

Okay lmk what your results are. And if it works what your process was. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Try turning the wifi off on the smartphone/device

Reactions: hookalakupua
Anyone getting less than 100 feet ~ 30 meters range without a steel plate between themselves and the drone has defective equipment. Return it and get it repaired or replaced. These things should be good for hundreds of meters even with heavy interference.

It is likely an antenna was cut or disconnected, often through assembly error and no fault of the user. Operating a radio transmitter without an antenna will burn up the internal radio circuits, so plugging the antenna back in after the fact will not correct the problem.

Anyone getting less than 100 feet ~ 30 meters range without a steel plate between themselves and the drone has defective equipment. Return it and get it repaired or replaced. These things should be good for hundreds of meters even with heavy interference.

It is likely an antenna was cut or disconnected, often through assembly error and no fault of the user. Operating a radio transmitter without an antenna will burn up the internal radio circuits, so plugging the antenna back in after the fact will not correct the problem.

So I should return the unit. I'm getting about 1000 ft

Your talking about the app version I thought it was the mavic firmware you were talking about. How do you downgrade the apps veraion

I just got my mavic pro 2 days ago. I've done about 4 flights and when I reach about 350 meters I start getting weak signal warnings. Imu calibrated,compass calibrated, and running latest firmware on go 4. Anyone find any fix for this. Please help?

Hey Mandy

1. Don't bother with the signal booster. No worky for me.

2. I live in a top 10 city in USA. In my backyard, I get about 1,000 ft. At a nearby track field, I got 2,500 ft.

I have to drive to the beach to get 5,000+ ft. Over water...

Haven't had the big balls to go farther...

Hey Mandy

1. Don't bother with the signal booster. No worky for me.

2. I live in a top 10 city in USA. In my backyard, I get about 1,000 ft. At a nearby track field, I got 2,500 ft.

I have to drive to the beach to get 5,000+ ft. Over water...

Haven't had the big balls to go farther...

So do you think there's nothing wrong with my mavic?

So do you think there's nothing wrong with my mavic?

Hey Mandy,

It's hard for us to guess without more data.

Like I said, I get weak signal warnings around 1,000 ft. It's a dense residential area with tons of WiFi at 2.4 Ghz. And when the Mavic is 1,000 ft away, the signal is going thru multiple houses.

The best thing for you to do is drive some distance where you're in an open area.

If you only get 1,000 ft. there, you got a mad bird. ;)

@mandyjr your signal strength will vary greatly due to local interference and line of sight. If you don't have direct line of sight (the Mavic goes behind a building or trees) then you can expect the signal to drop quite quickly. You will also get better results by flying over open water as the signal can bounce off the water back up at the Mavic, increasing its strength.

You should test your drone out in different locations before doing any further recalibrating. Sometime recalibrating can do more harm than good (if you calibrate incorrectly).

Reactions: dlopezjurado
Hey Mandy,

It's hard for us to guess without more data.

Like I said, I get weak signal warnings around 1,000 ft. It's a dense residential area with tons of WiFi at 2.4 Ghz. And when the Mavic is 1,000 ft away, the signal is going thru multiple houses.

The best thing for you to do is drive some distance where you're in an open area.

If you only get 1,000 ft. there, you got a mad bird. ;)

Thank you I'm going to try that out tomorrow I'll let you guys know what my results were

Reactions: Cutaway
Hey guys went out today to an open area. I went out 8400ft never even lost a bar. I guess it's just local interference

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02