DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recommended Mini ND filters?

Ron Boger

Reactions
I’m torn between Tiffen and Freewell ND /CPL filters for the Mini. I want to try them now that we have manual control with videos. I want them for motion blur, etc. in my videos. Any previous customers for each? Recommendations appreciated. TIA.

I have no answer, but will be following. I've been trying to do some research about filters too. Seems that reviews are all over the place...

Reactions: Ron Boger
I’m torn between Tiffen and Freewell ND /CPL filters for the Mini. I want to try them now that we have manual control with videos. I want them for motion blur, etc. in my videos. Any previous customers for each? Recommendations appreciated. TIA.
I'm using ND 4/8/16/32, CPL, MCUV, (Sunnylife) I'm still in testing, but I'm enjoying it. Best Regards.

Reactions: Ron Boger
I have no answer, but will be following. I've been trying to do some research about filters too. Seems that reviews are all over the place...
Ikr. Now that the Mini has manual video control we will be seeing more YT videos and I’m sure more filter side by side comparisons.

Now that Tiffen makes a set for the Mini...makes me lean towards that brand...but would be glad to hear some real world opinions..

I just got the Sunnylife CPL filter, works great for me.. Photos are a lot more colorful and realistic. Brings out the green in the trees and the blue sky really good. Especially since u can change all the settings now.

Any thoughts on which filter works best on sunny days, overcast days, etc? 4, 8, 16...

ND FILTERS CHART
ND4 - 0.6 OD/2-stop light reduction stops
  • Sunrise, Sunset, low light
ND8 - 0.9 optical density/3-stop light reduction stops
  • Cloudy day, softbox
ND16 - 1.2 OD/4-stop light reduction stops
  • Daytime, few/no clouds, bright light
ND32/64- 1.5/1.8 OD/5/6-light reduction stops
  • Event bright summer, desert, water, snowy days

Thanks Ron...much appreciated.

I pulled the trigger on the Tiffen set today (just before your post)...we'll see how they work. I'll gladly report back. I've always had good experiences with Tiffen filters before...

Thanks Ron...much appreciated.

I pulled the trigger on the Tiffen set today (just before your post)...we'll see how they work. I'll gladly report back. I've always had good experiences with Tiffen filters before...
I also went with the Tiffen 6-pack. Tiffen has always been instrumental in the camera filter venue for many years.

I like the Tiffens, haven't tried Freewell, they show backorder, but didn't the originally get recalled for problems with the gimbal? Haven't had any trouble with the Tiffen, but you have to be careful with putting them on or you can cause vignetting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev