DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reflecting controller screen.

Sprocket

Reactions
It seems that every so often someone wants a way to view their phone screen better.
There is a computer program that allows the user to reflect their phone screen onto a laptop in real time.
Let me say I am not affiliated with the company I am recommending. Granted it is not for everyone, but it might be just what some are looking for.
Here goes:
Download a free 7 day trial of Reflector3 to your laptop.
Mirror your phone to the laptop and change a setting to full screen. All three devices have to be on the same network.
My setup includes my pocket Iphone, a dedicated Iphone on the controller, and a laptop.
I only have 4 gig of shared data/month on my pocket iphone so I was afraid my data usuage would be huge. I found out, though, that usuage is only minimal while using this setup.
My dedicated Iphone does not have a sim card so I have to use my pocket phone hotspot to make this work in the field.
Again, I will say that this is not for everyone but it works slick for me. I'm sure there will be some "experts" on here that will condemn this setup, but so be it.
One nice thing about using this method is that people standing by you can easily view your flight real time.
Just my 2 pennies worth.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
It seems that every so often someone wants a way to view their phone screen better.
There is a computer program that allows the user to reflect their phone screen onto a laptop in real time.
Let me say I am not affiliated with the company I am recommending. Granted it is not for everyone, but it might be just what some are looking for.
Here goes:
Download a free 7 day trial of Reflector3 to your laptop.
Mirror your phone to the laptop and change a setting to full screen. All three devices have to be on the same network.
My setup includes my pocket Iphone, a dedicated Iphone on the controller, and a laptop.
I only have 4 gig of shared data/month on my pocket iphone so I was afraid my data usuage would be huge. I found out, though, that usuage is only minimal while using this setup.
My dedicated Iphone does not have a sim card so I have to use my pocket phone hotspot to make this work in the field.
Again, I will say that this is not for everyone but it works slick for me. I'm sure there will be some "experts" on here that will condemn this setup, but so be it.
One nice thing about using this method is that people standing by you can easily view your flight real time.
Just my 2 pennies worth.
Too cool!

Try this one...
While standing in my driveway, I still have wifi signal to my house. I then "mirror" the iPhone/iPad to an Apple TV unit on my Wifi. Then have friends watch the large TV inside the house while I maintain VLOS outdoors. Entertaining!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique