DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reflective skin

omod

Reactions
Thought people might be interested in my new skin. It's the same reflective grade used on US road signs. In regular light it looks mostly white, with some glittering. But if the sun catches it right, or I use a headlamp it is SUPER visible, useful if it goes down in the woods. Because the vinyl has metal/glass in it, i left the antenna uncovered. Still debating doing a full wrap or if i'm happy with how it is now.

Attachments

• IMG_20170518_081733.jpg
    IMG_20170518_081733.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 384
  • IMG_20170518_081751.jpg
    IMG_20170518_081751.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 360
  • IMG_20170518_081847.jpg
    IMG_20170518_081847.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 367
  • IMG_20170518_081852.jpg
    IMG_20170518_081852.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 358
Thanks! all the other skins were just cosmetic, and I wanted one that actually served a purpose. Still need to fly it and see how it looks in the sky, but i have high hopes

If it spooked the birds then maybe a panel or some trim but the whole bird wrapped in 3M meh from me.

Reactions: dewster
If indeed there is metal in the wrap, it could have the undesirable effect of attenuating the GPS signal and disturb the compass. Be careful...

If indeed there is metal in the wrap, it could have the undesirable effect of attenuating the GPS signal and disturb the compass. Be careful...

Yep, the gps/wifi/RC should all be in the area under the DJI logo and i left that uncovered, however I still need to test it. But if it is blocking signals, I should get a compass error as soon as it turns on.

I wonder how well it would do at night with a good 150w infrared flood light and a tracking cam. Would light up pretty well I would think.

Reactions: mcDRONIN
I bought some reflective tape from Amazon and put it on my mavic for the same reason of it going down in the woods. It flies well with no interference.
Reflective Mavic.png Reflective Mavic2.png

Thought people might be interested in my new skin. It's the same reflective grade used on US road signs. In regular light it looks mostly white, with some glittering. But if the sun catches it right, or I use a headlamp it is SUPER visible, useful if it goes down in the woods. Because the vinyl has metal/glass in it, i left the antenna uncovered. Still debating doing a full wrap or if i'm happy with how it is now.

Did you make this or buy it? If you bought could you send me a link? After landing mine in a tree I would like to get a high visibility reflective skin for it.

I covered my whole mavic including the antennas with reflective, i had Signal weak signal messages on dji go app, at hight of 80meters and distance of less than 10meters,I removed the wrap from the antennas only and now it's fine for the past 2 months,reflective blue

Made it on my plotter with a pattern I bought (needed to be cleaned up though).I never had a problem with signal, but I didn't cover the antenna. End up removing it from all the smaller pieces cause I wanted a new look. Left it on the big pieces though so if it goes down a headlamp should make it glow.

Reactions: earljf31
I had the same idea after crashing in the jungle here. But finding it. Just put a bunch of wraps around the arms of mu I2 and have to go fly a job 1/2 mile out at sea. Now you have me worried. But I now plan to get there early and have a thorough test flight over the pasture first.

Re the tape I plan to use a P4P with Lumecube lights pointing down and camera in same direction to spot for my downed bird.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada