DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Register as a tourist?

MrRobville

Reactions
My apologies if it has been asked before, I couldn't find it.
I was wondering, is it required as a tourist to register your drone as well when visiting a country?
For example, when I'm traveling from the Netherlands to the USA. I know US citizens need to register their craft to the FAA, but does that also apply to people who pay a temporary visit?

I wonder the same, im traveling from Sweden to the USA in may. Im going to visit Grand Canyon, can i fly there?

I also would like to get some suggestions about where to go and cool places to fly. Im starting in Phoenix, going to Grand Canyon, Las Vegas and finally Los Angles.

Thanks! :)

is it required as a tourist to register your drone as well when visiting a country?
When visiting the US, you must register here before flying as a hobbyist. If you want to fly commercially in the US, you must register your drone in the country in which you are eligible to register and obtain operating authority from the Department of Transportation.

See more details in the FAA's UAS FAQ.

I appreciate the reply. Good to know that it does need to be registered. In my case it's purely for hobby use so it shouldn't be a hassle from what I could read.

I wonder the same, im traveling from Sweden to the USA in may. Im going to visit Grand Canyon, can i fly there?
It's a National Park!

I also would like to get some suggestions about where to go and cool places to fly. Im starting in Phoenix, going to Grand Canyon, Las Vegas and finally Los Angles.

As Top Hat said, do not fly in the Grand Canyon or any other National Park. It is illegal and could get you into trouble.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr James