DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registering the Drone at CAA in the UK

giebe

Reactions
Hello,
I bought a Mavic 2 Pro rencently. As I see, since it is over 250g havy (907g) the drone code (Drone code - Dronesafe) says that before I fly it I need to pass a drone test and register it at CAA first.
Can anyone tell me do I really need to register a drone and how exactly can I register it? Also how can apply for this test?
Thank you in advance,
G.

There is no test and nowhere to register yet, says so on the site you linked.
Registration and remote pilot competency requirements will come into force in November 2019.

There is no test and nowhere to register yet, says so on the site you linked.

Thanks, Iwas asking about this part (page 3):
'From 30th November 2019 and for drones over 250g, you must pass the drone test and register with the CAA before you fly'
as it wasnt clear for me. Was it about all drones after 30th of November and those heavier to 250g now
or was it about all drones heavier to 250g but after 30th November?

There is nothing _now_ nothing at all, nada. There is just the drone code.

From nov 30 this year the new rules will come into place and the registration will start for drones over 250g.

At the moment there is no registration, no test. You just have to follow the drone code.

There is nothing _now_ nothing at all, nada. There is just the drone code.

From nov 30 this year the new rules will come into place and the registration will start for drones over 250g.

At the moment there is no registration, no test. You just have to follow the drone code.

Thank you veeeeery much :D

Further to the above replies, one snippet of extra info that came out the on-going series of "Fact Finding" committee meetings in the Commons is that the CAA expects the test and registration website to be on-line in September. That would give everyone up to two months to sign-up, during which we can probably expect at least *some* kind of publicity around the requirement for those who are not so well informed.

Final details of the registration system site, nature of the test, and any fees (the £16.50/year that was mentioned was only a proposal) are yet to be published.

Reactions: giebe and pross
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan