DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registration

63R

Reactions
I registered myself and my Drone with the CAA last year and just got a remainder to re-register and pay the 9 fee again,
Im not going to re-register.

(I fly very responsibly but dont see any safety arguement for this silly registration process, the test was ridiculous in how easy it was )
I think Ill just carry on taking personal responsibility

Soooo........How many who did it intially are not going to bother renewing?

It’s £9 and if by chance you have insurance, good luck claiming if you’re unlucky enough to have an accident.

Reactions: B-kane
you obviously got out of the wrong side of the bed ,today or maybe not ,i do not or have not ever condoned flying BVLOS, the fact it is on this site is neither here nor there and if you think that private messaging me and calling me names, is going to bother me ,well get a life and take a look at your own age

Nice, coming from a moderator of a site then has a section condoning flight far BVLOS
Learn the difference between taking a responsible attitude and simply following ill concieved rules, you should know better at your age
The site displays videos as users post. This sight is not affiliated with any regulatory agency nor involved in enforcement.
That said, please keep your flights legal as it is to the benefit of all.

The problem is those "ill concieved rules" are law, breaking them could lead to penalties.
I am sure you argument will hold water :Dshould push come to shove and you have an accident whilst unregistered and flying a drone that requires registration.
I would be laughing my socks off if you became our Mikey of PhillydroneLife but I fear that such behaviour tars us all and that bothers me

Last edited by a moderator:
Not only an accident, but if someone complained to the authorities about your flying, law enforcement may come to investigate. If you don't have a registration, there could be consequences even if the complaint is not legitimate.

It's a very modest cost, so not too many good reasons not to pay it.

I'm not a big fan of unnecessary bureaucracy (who is?) but I find the process perfectly reasonable.
The registration is simple and £9 doesn't seem too steep.

> "dont see any safety arguement for this silly registration process, the test was ridiculous in how easy it was"

I think you're confusing the 2 types of registration. The test is linked to the flyer ID which is free.
I agree the test is too easy but apparently it's getting a bit tougher next month.

The £9 is link to the operator ID which is to pay for the system of registration numbers on drones. I think that does help safety - for instance if a drone hits someone you can identify the owner.

As the CAA point out, this fee just covers the costs for running the system - if we didn't pay for it someone else would have to which would be unfair.

We're about to get a huge amount more freedom to fly our drones. I like the fact that the new system trusts us to behave responsibly. Backing that up with a registration system so those who break the rules can be identified seems like a good idea.

Brave talk! Sounds like the American guy who just got fined $183,000.

84 years old? location Bollox? profile pic suggesting a much younger person, insulting a much respected and trusted member of this group. Has attracted much attention on this worldwide site. Facebook type person, attention seeking , he/ she has completed the mission! !

If he/she really is 84 years old I would have thought getting to that age would have instilled a little more wisdom!

Reactions: OldBoy
Mate your over 21 and old enough to make your own decisions. If you get caught with an unregistered drone you can claim onset of dementia. You have a good day
Regards

Reactions: Yogi053
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan