DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote Controller Soft-Bricked? Mavic 2 RC.

Shewie007

Reactions
I think this is the moment where I need to address the issue here seeking for help.
I've been trying everything. I was taking my drone for a first flight this year, to be honest with you.
There was plenty of scheduled updates for drone and for Remote Controller.
After updates via WIFI (should have used probably PC direct connection) my remote started behaving strangely.
There was a significant lag and the buttons and stix were not reacting in the way I'd expect them to behave.
Decided to downgrade the firmware to start updating step by step to see if there is any difference.
The problem is - I'm unable to do so. I can't update, I can't downgrade, I can't factory reset the remote.
At this point, I'm afraid of taking the drone outside for flight because the remote could be soft-bricked.
Here is the link so you can see how the remote behaves when plugged and performed reset/downgrade etc.

I wanted to downgrade the remote to reinstate the previous version of GeoFence. Which made my drone impossible to fly because my house 3 years straight was in D class now it's in an airport zone.
Welcome to the UK. -.-'
Any help would be much appreciated.
Link to screencap video - DJI Error Remote Controler Bricked - Create, Discover and Share Awesome GIFs on Gfycat

I've tried to do some research and from what I see, the remote should be replaced by DJI at this stage of potential complications that arise just today.

So when you connect to the Assistant 2 you don't see any upgrade or downgrade options now?

Oh sorry I missed it, After the downgrade completes did you restart the RC and see if the version changes?

@Aerial-Pixel everything remains exactly the same. Tried with different cables, switched computers, no change. It's all of the same.
I can't downgrade to the basic soft version .0100 because I get immediately error.

@Aerial-Pixel everything remains exactly the same. Tried with different cables, switched computers, no change. It's all of the same.
I can't downgrade to the basic soft version .0100 because I get immediately error.
Are you using the latest version of Assistant 2? If you are unsure try uninstalling and reinstalling it from HERE

@Aerial-Pixel all of the same, app version 1.2.5
Wrong version, make sure it is Assistant 2 For Mavic, should be version 2.0.8, uninstall that version and install the one from the link above. The version you are using is for the original Mavic Pro no the Mavic 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
@Aerial-Pixel it worked! Thanks a ton for your help mate. A different version of the app worked exactly as expected.
Please tell me now, is there an option to revoke GeoFence to the period before April 2019 when the latest update was rolled to the app?
The previous version of the app will do or I need an extended process to get to that point?

@Aerial-Pixel it worked! Thanks a ton for your help mate. A different version of the app worked exactly as expected.
Please tell me now, is there an option to revoke GeoFence to the period before April 2019 when the latest update was rolled to the app?
The previous version of the app will do or I need an extended process to get to that point?
Glad it worked! Part of the issue may be the Fly Safe Database updates, I don't think you can roll those back.

Glad it worked! Part of the issue may be the Fly Safe Database updates, I don't think you can roll those back.

I made it.
Uninstall app, downgrade remote to basic ver of firmware, then factory reset.
Clean cache using CC cleaner to remove all bits of the old software from the mobile
Install from Feb .apk
Update Remote to 0300.

voila. Old Safe Flight Database in place.
App will scream for Fly Safe Database update but that's what I wanted to achieve pretty much.

I made it.
Uninstall app, downgrade remote to basic ver of firmware, then factory reset.
Clean cache using CC cleaner to remove all bits of the old software from the mobile
Install from Feb .apk
Update Remote to 0300.

voila. Old Safe Flight Database in place.
App will scream for Fly Safe Database update but that's what I wanted to achieve pretty much.
Nice!!! Fly safe!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem