DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

resetting homepoint shortcut - mavic air 2

Mazdaman323lx

Reactions
Just wondering is it possible to reset the homepoint (to where the controller is) by linking it to the Fn function button .
I rarely land where I take off from , as I walk while the drone flies. I find doing so via the settings menu means taking my eyes off the drone for uncomfortable amount of time.

Just wondering is it possible to reset the homepoint (to where the controller is) by linking it to the Fn function button .
I rarely land where I take off from , as I walk while the drone flies. I find doing so via the settings menu means taking my eyes off the drone for uncomfortable amount of time.

That's a great idea. I was asking for the shortcut before but because I live in a second floor apartment from where i take off. Every time i go out i need to reset the home point manually. But for tracking mode make much more sense and have an excuse with much more weigh. Let see if DJI hear us.

This function is one of DJI's updates along the years that was changed presumably for safety, and again DJI forumn implies it is not assigned to C1 & C2 for same reason (Inadvertently pressed in flight). Originally the Homepoint was main screen. They moved it back one screen as people were fat fingering in flight. I use a Smart Controller and the procedure to get to home point update requires 4 touches. 1) bring up Menu. 2) select MC settings (Drone Icon) 3) Press Home point Icon of choice. 4) Confirm. Takes all of 5 seconds, less if one practiced the procedure.

Given that one is most normally in control of aircraft (Close Proximity) the update could be done to aircraft location update or controller if you prefer a much more definitive location. I understand how easy it seems to want a feature for certain actions, but one has to look at the whole scope of people flying these things and even though it would be a selectable thing, they would indeed probably select it. That puts DJI in a bit of a pickle of a aircraft that does what it is suppose to do, but customers report flyaways. And that hurts their bottom end (Profits) when people falsely report fly aways. As we know those are such a extremely rare thing, but to this day is constantly reported as a DJI problem, even though logs show different in almost all instances.

At this point I would just hit the pause button if in middle of a sequence, do the update and then continue Flight, not the best, but best one has at this juncture. Now that is not to say not to contact DJI and try and get the option...but they aren't known to reverse things too often, never hurts to try. ;)

I myself am like the above, I fly off a back deck under tree canopy..I then fly out to open yard and set home point, then off for my flight...Not a big issue and used to doing so..but YMMV :)

Note: I started thinking that I don't even know if one could update during a autonomous mission, it probably would throw it out of mode anyway, Just a guess, feel free to check. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mazdaman323lx
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada