DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Retired farmer, loves photography. Now I have a flying camera! Very useful on our farm. I hope to get good ideas from all of you.

welcome to the forum ,happy retirement enjoy your new view of your farm and take things easy

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to the forum! I am also a newbie here, and have been flying around my 10 acres. I have found trees spell trouble for my Mavic 2 Zoom. I have also found out that if you are careful you can herd a few cows if they are not too wild. The drone is much more maneuverable that being on foot or a 4 wheeler.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Recently retired farmer, loves photography. Now, I have a flying camera! Very useful on this Kansas farm. Looking forward to learning much from all of your experiences.
I have a farmer neighbor who grows veggies commercially. Just finished filming his farm and am putting together a video for him...(I have my 107 cert). He lets me fly there and I am doing this as a thank you. Will post when it’s done. It’s such fun flying in flat open area.

Welcome to the forum. My relatives in Iowa have used their drone to help layout a corn maze around Halloween time to earn extra money after most crops are harvested.
They could probably use the drone to help locate little tykes that have gotten lost in the corn also ?.
I enjoy counting deer and turkey in the evening with mine. We also used it to help find a wayward black angus steer.
Welcome to the forum and enjoy the retirement!

Welcome!

My own 2 cents:
Read this: A short explanation of compass function, calibration and errors.

Fly without looking at your screen at first. Understand what drone orientation is, what the lights mean, and how to navigate without the display. (Saved me numerous times)

Set up your menu system before take off. Meaning set your RTH Altitude, your RTH action, the APAS stuff etc. All before you take off.

Pretend like Sport mode doesn't exist.

Enjoy your new addiction. ?

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of support and assistance. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez