DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Returning pilot after being gone for quite a while

Aerialman

Reactions
I'm known here as Aerialman and have returned here after flying Yuneec drones for years and now fly a new mavic 2 pro out of Calabash NC. I've been flying it fore about 8 months now and have passed the Faa cert. test and do a little real estate drone work locally part time. I'm still learning the features etc. but love it a lot more than my other drone - until yesterday when I lost it over woods doing recon work for a client (probably an ex-client now). Everything was fine until about 6-8 minutes into my flight shooting video and stills @ 250' when I got a "1st of 3 low battery alert" that I immediately followed by a return to home command and saw drone turn toward home. That was followed by a "weak signal alert", followed by a lost signal, lost contact alert" - all within 20 - 30 seconds start to finish. I waited for another 15 - 20 minutes thinking about what just happened and thinking dji claims that IF that happens the drone will return to home without the signal etc. Didn't happen. I've just posted the incident on mavic site hoping to get some help finding the last known gps location files on my controller so I can make another attempt to find it. Aerialman

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Aerialman.

I hope you get the help you need.

Welcome back to the Forum. ?

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

I'm known here as Aerialman and have returned here after flying Yuneec drones for years and now fly a new mavic 2 pro out of Calabash NC. I've been flying it fore about 8 months now and have passed the Faa cert. test and do a little real estate drone work locally part time. I'm still learning the features etc. but love it a lot more than my other drone - until yesterday when I lost it over woods doing recon work for a client (probably an ex-client now). Everything was fine until about 6-8 minutes into my flight shooting video and stills @ 250' when I got a "1st of 3 low battery alert" that I immediately followed by a return to home command and saw drone turn toward home. That was followed by a "weak signal alert", followed by a lost signal, lost contact alert" - all within 20 - 30 seconds start to finish. I waited for another 15 - 20 minutes thinking about what just happened and thinking dji claims that IF that happens the drone will return to home without the signal etc. Didn't happen. I've just posted the incident on mavic site hoping to get some help finding the last known gps location files on my controller so I can make another attempt to find it. Aerialman
If altitude permits it and battery is still sending images, try to screen capture some surrounding and vertical/down video or frames showing where you are going in, to help aid recognition for recovery. And screen grab the map. Plus, of course, a GPS fix if you have one. Good luck for this and the New Year and welcome back. ??

Welcome back from Liverpool, NY.
Sorry to hear about your loss.
One of my non-mavics is an old Typhoon H.
Have you had any luck finding it with your Yuneec?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan