DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rules for American to Fly in Canada

ColinF

Reactions
Hello, I will be in the Canadian Yukon in July. I know there are new Canadian rules that take effect in June. Do I need to get any permission or special permit to fly in Canada when on vacation? Thanks!

hello
I too hope to be using my MA in Nova Scotia this summer... Would appreciate any info pertaining to flying in canada.

Later!

Join the club, it's still not clear how us visitors go about using our drones in Canada.

See post #5 at this link:

There have been many posts regarding this. Try the search function.

Ok, I have the answer. I called the TCCA, the Canadian FAA. Foreign operators need special permission. There is a form you need to fill out that includes the dates you will be flying in Canada etc. the form is the same one that Canadians use for some commercial operations or flying close to military bases and such. There is a check box for foreign operator and then you just fill out the purpose of your flight etc and send it in. Here is a link.

you can only take off and land from the U.S. side of the border. Other than that you are free to go.

How come people can recognise a joke unless a smilie is attached telling them it is a joke.
@Bigbird48 , you need to investigate some endurance mods

• Haha
Reactions: Bryan L
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan