DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rural Native American-Owned Land, Community in Delaware

CC Rider

Reactions
Greetings, folks. My American Indian tribe, the Nanticoke Indian Tribe of Delaware (sorry; I was born before being PC was a thing hanging over everyone's head. Growing up I NEVER played "Cowboys and Native Americans;" I happily played Cowboys and Indians with the other neighborhood kids!!) are the "caretakers" of some pretty rural lands where I live. We are situated on the northern banks of the Indian River in southern Delaware, an area where pastoral farmlands meet the coastline, To me, it's an area that has it's own simple charm and old-time beauty.

I made a video showing the tribally-owned lands still held by the Nanticoke Indian Tribe, as well as the central area where many of the tribal members live on their privately-owned tracts of land that once were part of a large, cohesive landbase occupied by the Tribe for thousands of years. We've been here so long the dirt is partially made up of the bones, blood, sweat and tears of our ancestors. To us, these lands are sacred, and every step taken upon them is a sacred dance on the Earth Mother.

As "progress" sweeps through and around our ancient community,changes to the landscape are inevitable. The land today does not resemble the memories I have of it stored in my mind and spirit before tourism began altering our lands forever. But, for now we are still here. And I wanted to preserve our current environment for posterity.

Following is the video I compiled, titled "Over Nanticoke Lands." I also performed and recorded the accompanying soundtrack, so there is no one to blame but me if there's something you don't like about this little production.

Comments and feedback are welcome. I hope you enjoy this captured glimpse into the world of a People who may have been vanquished but are far from having vanished. As always, we will continue to "...endeavor to persevere."

Nice video and thank you for the history lesson. I thoroughly enjoyed reading and watching.

Thank you SO much, my friend. Your comments are very much appreciated. I am glad to hear that I left you with a little something to remember. Learning more about one another is the only answer to ALL of the social ills facing our world these days, and the road we must take toward respecting ALL of our brothers and sisters stretched around the world.

Greetings, folks. My American Indian tribe, the Nanticoke Indian Tribe of Delaware (sorry; I was born before being PC was a thing hanging over everyone's head. Growing up I NEVER played "Cowboys and Native Americans;" I happily played Cowboys and Indians with the other neighborhood kids!!) are the "caretakers" of some pretty rural lands where I live. We are situated on the northern banks of the Indian River in southern Delaware, an area where pastoral farmlands meet the coastline, To me, it's an area that has it's own simple charm and old-time beauty.

I made a video showing the tribally-owned lands still held by the Nanticoke Indian Tribe, as well as the central area where many of the tribal members live on their privately-owned tracts of land that once were part of a large, cohesive landbase occupied by the Tribe for thousands of years.
Thanks for the beautiful video and for dispensing with, and helping to roll back, political correctness. Man, I love wide-open, really green places! I live in the woods so can understand the attachment to the land.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR