DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Saving a RTH point

Neted076

Reactions
My goal is to ultimately video boats moving through the water. I realize the RTH point needs to be on solid ground. I've looked everywhere and cannot find an answer to this: can a RTH point be saved, like a way-point ? If I'm out on the water and need to change batteries then I'd need to land and reset the RTH point each time? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Your homepoint is set everytime you launch.
You can only 'Set your home point setting to your rc' if your mobile device has GPS. The RC does not have a gps module.
Dynamic home point sets the homepoint periodically to the AC location at the time.

My goal is to ultimately video boats moving through the water. I realize the RTH point needs to be on solid ground. I've looked everywhere and cannot find an answer to this: can a RTH point be saved, like a way-point ? If I'm out on the water and need to change batteries then I'd need to land and reset the RTH point each time? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The simple answer is that you only have three choices for the home point: the takeoff point, the location of the RC or the location of the aircraft. There is no option to set a different remote location.

So your saying as long as I do not shut off the controller it'll maintain the original RTH point?
The home point is set to the Mavic's current location each time you take off as long as it has a good GPS connection. The GPS connection shouldn't be an issue on open water.

In the Main Controller Settings section of DJI GO, you can manually reset the home point to the Mavic's current location (the aircraft button) or your current location (the person button) at any point during your flight. You'll only be able to set the home point to your current location if your mobile device contains a GPS receiver.

DJI-GO-Reset-Home-Point.jpg

You can also access those home point functions by swiping to the left around the center of DJI GO. When doing that, you'll see this screen:

DJI-GO-Reset-Home-Point-Slide-Screen-Left.jpg

Each time you reset the home point, it will remain at the new set location until it's manually reset again. So, if your Mavic moves (or you move), you'll need to reset the home point again if you'd like it to be at the Mavic's (or your) new location.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR