DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD cards ?

FiestaViking

Reactions
Hi all

What brand / size SD cards do you use for your Mavic's? I bought two Lexar 633X 200GB cards earlier, one of them deleted my footage and now woun't format or be recognized by my computor, the other has suddenly locked itself. Can't delete what's on there and it woun't record more video. Looking to buy new cards that will be reliable.

Thanks

Hi all

What brand / size SD cards do you use for your Mavic's? I bought two Lexar 633X 200GB cards earlier, one of them deleted my footage and now woun't format or be recognized by my computor, the other has suddenly locked itself. Can't delete what's on there and it woun't record more video. Looking to buy new cards that will be reliable.

Thanks
Howdy from Wyoming FiestaViking, welcome to the community, here is a search page with many discussions regarding your inquire Search Results for Query: sd card | DJI Mavic Drone Forum

You can find a list of commonly used memory cards here.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Hi all

Thanks
buy one of the recommended cards from Msinger's site, and I suggest that you do not alter the card on your PC at all. You are fine to copy files off the card using the PC, but don't format and don't rename files while inserted in the PC. Let the Mavic own the card. I had very odd problems that I finally tracked to PC activity on the card. Once I stopped using the PC other than to copy from the card, I've been fine.

I use the Lexar 633's in all my birds with no problem. Always format the SD card in your Mavic through the Go 4 app not in your PC. Part of the problem may be the size you are trying to use, cards over 64GB can get a little buggy. DJI recommends 64GB or less.

It's easy to physically break a card when inserting it crooked in a reader/device. Be careful with them.

Target has Sandisk Extreme Plus 32GB on sale now for $23. Limited quantities, confirm by phone with computer dept as their stock/inventory systems sucks. They are not with the slow SD cards, they are in the video game area, end cap inside an isle.
I was getting a few seconds of video (4k and HD), then blank recording with my UHS-1 card (also had a hard time stopping video recording). Bought the UHS-3 card and 4k works like a charm.

I just used a Samsung 128gb on Sunday, June 17 and created a video of 6gb on it no problem

Attachments

• Samsung.jpg
    Samsung.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 34
Dunno if ive just been really lucky but ive used samsung, sandisk and toshiba cards in my Mavic and have had no problems at all. They range from 16, 32 and 64gb.

I always take card out after every flight and transfer all data to pc using a usb card reader.
I then format on the normal way on pc.

Every now and then the pc says the card needs repairing due to errors when I insert it after a flight. I click repair and it then says no errors found and opens as normal.

I've never had any card errors on the Mavic or times where puc or videos havent copied to card.

Infact, I've always thought the Mavic is one of the best devices ive had for not having card errors compared to other devices I have.

Glad you mentioned formatting JHC as, I took that card str8 from the packet and into the Mavic. The Mavic never said nothing as to needing to format- I was surprised by that. Then I was expecting to record but getting home I was expecting nothing on the card like others have mentiionedd about large size cards. To my surprise ALL was well and got good video!!

I just used a Samsung 128gb on Sunday, June 17 and created a video of 6gb on it no problem
Did you record a single 6Gb clip, or combine clips in post?

Did you record a single 6Gb clip, or combine clips in post?
I tried to record the entire flight time but my pork-sausage fingers would occasionally hit the wrong button during flight taking it out of video mode. It was my first time use of a lanyard for support.

I always take card out after every flight and transfer all data to pc using a usb card reader.
I then format on the normal way on pc.

I always used to remove the card to copy the videos and photos. I don't do that anymore as my SD Card slot stopped working. The slot is built into the bottom main board which had to be replaced. This makes for a very expensive SD Card slot repair. I rarely remove the SD Card now, but rather hook the drone to my computer via the USB port on the bird.

Reactions: JimmyHillsChin
Costco has a Sandisk Ultra Plus 64GB micro 2-pack for $49. Every few months they have a $10 discount.

Costco has a Sandisk Ultra Plus 64GB micro 2-pack for $49. Every few months they have a $10 discount.

Have you tried them? I just bought them because they were on sale for $35. I haven’t tried them yet. I’m wondering if they will be good enough to shoot the highest resolution on the Mavic.

Have you tried them? I just bought them because they were on sale for $35. I haven’t tried them yet. I’m wondering if they will be good enough to shoot the highest resolution on the Mavic.
They capture 4K video just fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom