DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SDK V4.14 TRIAL1 released

I tried out the SDK today, and there's no support for waypoints.
Since it's a trial, they might be added later, but I doubt it.

Virtual sticks, gimbal , dji keys, camera settings, fpv view ... works really good though :)
Max speed with virtual sticks is 13-14m/s, in angle mode 20 degrees tilt seams to be max.

No support for cinamatic mode, which I was hoping for. It switched to virtualsticks when I tried to enable cinematic mode, don't know the reason for this.

I havn't tested active track yet.

It felt pretty stable, it compiled without any change needed, so I think most 3rd part app will include it pretty soon.

Reactions: AnDronioBanderos
I tried out the SDK today, and there's no support for waypoints.
Since it's a trial, they might be added later, but I doubt it.

Virtual sticks, gimbal , dji keys, camera settings, fpv view ... works really good though :)
Max speed with virtual sticks is 13-14m/s, in angle mode 20 degrees tilt seams to be max.

No support for cinamatic mode, which I was hoping for. It switched to virtualsticks when I tried to enable cinematic mode, don't know the reason for this.

I havn't tested active track yet.

It felt pretty stable, it compiled without any change needed, so I think most 3rd part app will include it pretty soon.
Were you trying with Android or iOS? I've read the iOS SDK has a bug that causes an immediate crash, so DJI needs to release a fix there.

Unfortunately according to another thread with a Litchi Rep... No Waypoints for MA2 either if correct.
There’s no resident waypoint capability within the MA2 but now that it’s supported by the SDK, it’s only a matter of time before third-party apps add waypoint support using the “virtual sticks” method.

Is there any point in using Litchi if way points are not supported by it?
As there are already three drone types not natively supporting waypoints now, I am quite sure that Litchi will implement this feature quite soon.
But for me the main reason for using Litchi is the VR goggles support and its better screen overlay layout compared to the Fly app. Also the speech output for important data is very welcome when flying with goggles.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
For me the point in using Litchi with my Mini as @GerdS says is for the VR mode, using my phone in cheap googles. No more screen glare or reflections. Plus Litchi also does automatic 360 x 110 panos along with custom sized panos and in app stitching of the auto pano.

Also exposure bracketing and has Follow, Track, Orbit and Focus modes. You can set up a C1 Button to a wide variety of changeable functions depending on what you need. Like turning off landing sensors or switching from VR screen to front camera. See this link to Litchi User Guide for more info.

For all these features now available for the mini I seldom use the DJI Fly app.

I'm sure all these other features are nice to have, but.................! I usually fly by myself so using VR goggles is a mute point for me as I would rarely have a spotter. Follow, track, orbit are all available with the native DJI app. Also the function button is programmable to do certain tasks as set by the user (i.e. one press turn on/off the landing light, double press - re-centre the gimble) so I don't see any big advantage for Litchi there either. I purchased and used Litchi with my original Mavic Air. I wanted to be able to do waypoint missions where I could fly a certain path and have the camera angle at given points exactly how I wanted with smooth transitions from one to another. If Litchi will not support that for the AIr2 I will most likely just continue to use the DJI app. Without the waypoint mission support with relevant camera angle support it is not much more than just another version of the DJI Fly App. Hopefully they can sort it out because I would love to be able to use those features with the Air2 especially with the superior flight times when compared to the Original Mavic Air.

I wanted to be able to do waypoint missions where I could fly a certain path and have the camera angle at given points exactly how I wanted with smooth transitions from one to another.
This is available already in Dronelink. Plus, the new version released today also includes follow, focus and orbit.

I'm sure all these other features are nice to have, but.................! I usually fly by myself so using VR goggles is a mute point for me as I would rarely have a spotter. Follow, track, orbit are all available with the native DJI app. Also the function button is programmable to do certain tasks as set by the user (i.e. one press turn on/off the landing light, double press - re-centre the gimble) so I don't see any big advantage for Litchi there either. I purchased and used Litchi with my original Mavic Air. I wanted to be able to do waypoint missions where I could fly a certain path and have the camera angle at given points exactly how I wanted with smooth transitions from one to another. If Litchi will not support that for the AIr2 I will most likely just continue to use the DJI app. Without the waypoint mission support with relevant camera angle support it is not much more than just another version of the DJI Fly App. Hopefully they can sort it out because I would love to be able to use those features with the Air2 especially with the superior flight times when compared to the Original Mavic Air.
Agreed 100%. Ive no use for Litchi except for Waypoint programming (WPp). The Litchi User Guide is quite inviting but without WPp I'll remain comfortable with Fly app.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr James