DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seattle Area Pilots

@mikesher, what software are you using for 360 panos? I actually shot 360 on the pano I posted earlier, but since I was doing HDR I only did three of the shots.
@dennya , I used the Litchi app to take the HDR pano shots, Lightroom CC to merge the HDR's and then PTGui to stitch it together and create the 360 pano (Lightroom didn't stitch too well this time). Finally, some post processing in Photoshop CC for color correction and to fill in the top of the sky (where the drone was). Lastly, I posted the completed pano in Spinnatic (free), and created a virtual tour.

Thanks, Mike! I'll take a look at PTGui and Spinnatic -- those are the parts of the formula I was missing.

I took 100% unprocessed photos (the "middle" JPEGs out of my 5-exposure brackets) and threw then up on Photosynth just to see how it'd come out. The result's here: Snoqualmie Valley on a Cloudy Day by Editer

Thanks, Mike! I'll take a look at PTGui and Spinnatic -- those are the parts of the formula I was missing.

I took 100% unprocessed photos (the "middle" JPEGs out of my 5-exposure brackets) and threw then up on Photosynth just to see how it'd come out. The result's here: Snoqualmie Valley on a Cloudy Day by Editer
Looks good!

Did you merge them into a pano first using Lightroom, or does Photosynth do it for you? I think you will like Spinnatic. You'll need to merge the HDRs in Lightroom and then create the pano in lightroom using the merged images. No need to use PTGui if Lightroom does a good enough job stitching. In Spinnatic, you can create virtual tours that link multiple pano's together with hotspots. It works well for a free tool.

Photosynth does it, I just dropped the individual pics in. I just created a pano and threw it into Spinnatic, it's processing now! :)

Photosynth does it, I just dropped the individual pics in. I just created a pano and threw it into Spinnatic, it's processing now! :)
Cool! Be sure to post the link. :) This is so much fun, huh?

dennya...

Noticed the heavy blue cast in the shot and couldn't help myself...

If you're using Lightroom it's a simple fix to hit the "W" key and get the temp balance tool...click on an area of the pic that "should" be neutral gray (i used the roof of the outhouse in the lower right below the parking lot) and the program will automagically balance the color temp for you...Its not perfect (yet) but not bad for one click

Hope I'm not out of line here but as a Certified Apple and Duvall_Panorama_11-02-16_Mavic-2.jpg Adobe trainer / instructor I have a hard time not sharing tips and tricks...

...Ric

@ricphoto

Adobe trainer / instructor? That's cool.. I know for me personally, I'll take all the tips and tricks I can get (especially in post). I know I need it :)

Hi Michael, I guess that would be a resounding yes! Cool. Why is your link in 'Chinese'? :) Did you do part 107, or get your cert previously with a 433 exemption? I passed my part 107 back in September, still waiting for the official cert in the mail (although I have the temp).

Last edited:
Hi Michael, I guess that would be a resounding yes! Cool. Why is your link in 'Chinese'? :) Did you do part 107, or get your cert previously with a 433 exemption? I passed my part 107 back in September, still waiting for the official cert in the mail (although I have the temp).
The forum changed the link. I think you mean 333 exemption. Nope, I only have the Part 107. I have a feeling they will be dropping the 333 in the near future.

Last edited:
Hey Ric, yeah, I'd intentionally messed with the colors to make the sky look more dramatic. :) Given that you guys are obviously curious about the camera's native capabilities, I should have mentioned that! I threw that together to show local friends and posting it here was a bonus.

Mike, no, I shot that one in landscape because the portrait mode switch is well-hidden. Finally found it! (Swipe from the right; it's not with the rest of the photography settings.)

The forum changed the link. I think you mean 333 exemption. Nope, I only have the Part 107. I have a feeling they will be dropping the 333 in the near future.
Ya, thats what I meant: 333. They are finally processing Part 107's from 9/15.. They were stuck on 9/1 for a long time. Mine is 9/21, so it shouldn't be too much longer.

Hey Ric, yeah, I'd intentionally messed with the colors to make the sky look more dramatic. :) Given that you guys are obviously curious about the camera's native capabilities, I should have mentioned that! I threw that together to show local friends and posting it here was a bonus.

Mike, no, I shot that one in landscape because the portrait mode switch is well-hidden. Finally found it! (Swipe from the right; it's not with the rest of the photography settings.)
Yes, we are very curious.. and Jealous :) Interested to see what Portrait mode does for pano's.

All I know is the Inspire 1 raw takes amazing pics. This is flying above my Apartment looking at the Alderwood Mall. No processing.

14352454_10209114932064104_6060944869244569076_o.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98