DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seattle Area Pilots

Mike...@mikesher

I'm sitting for the FAA part 107 exam Monday morning...any tips, hints, gotchas?
Are you already a pilot by chance? They threw some good curve ball questions about weather (cloud formations, etc...) that I did not recognize from the practice tests. Spend some time on weather and reading aeronautical charts. I liked using Skyvector SkyVector: Flight Planning / Aeronautical Charts for online charts.

To study, I used both the FAA study guide:https://www.faa.gov/regulations_pol...s/aviation/media/remote_pilot_study_guide.pdf, and the material & practice tests on the 3DR site: FAA Part 107 Remote Drone Pilot License Resources | 3D Robotics - Drone & UAV Technology The FAA also has a free course (simplified though) here: " + ttlms_connect.course_name + "

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: ricphoto
Are you already a pilot by chance? They threw some good curve ball questions about weather (cloud formations, etc...) that I did not recognize from the practice tests. Spend some time on weather and reading aeronautical charts. I liked using Skyvector SkyVector: Flight Planning / Aeronautical Charts for online charts.

To study, I used both the FAA study guide:https://www.faa.gov/regulations_pol...s/aviation/media/remote_pilot_study_guide.pdf, and the material & practice tests on the 3DR site: FAA Part 107 Remote Drone Pilot License Resources | 3D Robotics - Drone & UAV Technology The FAA also has a free course (simplified though) here: " + ttlms_connect.course_name + "

Good Luck!
Thanks...

I have about 20 hours informal stick time from way back when I was a Sky Diver/Jumpmaster...That's it

Just finished the Remote Pilot 101 ground school and looking to expand my knowledgebase...Printed out the study guide and Airman knowledge testing supplement...The 3DR site looks really useful...Thanks

Last edited:

Good Luck!
Well that was fun ;-)

Sat for the test this morning at Galvin Flying / Boeing...took 51 mins but it wasn't a cakewalk...a few things I hadn't run across (or paid enough attention to ;-) in my studies...easily passed but my head hurt afterwards...

Well that was fun ;-)

Sat for the test this morning at Galvin Flying / Boeing...took 51 mins but it wasn't a cakewalk...a few things I hadn't run across (or paid enough attention to ;-) in my studies...easily passed but my head hurt afterwards...
Congratulations! That's where I took my test.. Same experience; it was definitely harder than I anticipated. Although I have my temporary certificate, I am still waiting (2 months today) for the license to come in the mail. Sort of like waiting for a Mavic ;)

Hey all...

When I was in Galvin Flight yesterday taking my FAA part 107 exam I noticed a poster for what sounds like a pretty cool drone class they're having the weekend of Dec 10-11 that goes over a LOT of info...simulator and real drone operations, basics of FAA rules and regs, weather, air space etc...sounds like a great opportunity for those who are new to flying or those who are thinking about taking the FAA 107 knowledge test to get a great overview...Alex is a nice guy (he was my proctor) and can give you more info... [email protected]

Attachments

• UAS_galvin_Poster[3].pdf
    619.3 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Peel
Congratulations! That's where I took my test.. Same experience; it was definitely harder than I anticipated. Although I have my temporary certificate, I am still waiting (2 months today) for the license to come in the mail. Sort of like waiting for a Mavic ;)
I finally received my actual FAA UAS license in the mail yesterday... Exactly 2 months from the day I took the test and submitted the results online.

I finally received my actual FAA UAS license in the mail yesterday... Exactly 2 months from the day I took the test and submitted the results online.
Good for you...now lets hope you don't "have" to show it to any official ;-)

How long did it take from submitting your application to IACRA till you got your temp?
I think it was about a week. It shows up on the Applicant console. While waiting for your actual license, you can call the registry to find out how 'behind' they are on completing the actual certificates. (866) 878-2498

Reactions: ricphoto
Hey guys, did you know that a DJI Experience store (YITAmotor) is now open in the Factoria mall? :)

需要安全验证

a "DJI Experience store" ??? is that where you get endlessly delayed and given multiple wrong or very vague answers depending on who you talk too? Thanks but I've already had that experience ;-p

Reactions: Peel
a "DJI Experience store" ??? is that where you get endlessly delayed and given multiple wrong or very vague answers depending on who you talk too? Thanks but I've already had that experience ;-p
lol... so true. They should have probably dropped the 'experience' from the name. :)

My order is on its way! Scheduled for delivery Monday morning. Now if only we can get some decent weather in the next few weeks.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22