DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seattle Area Pilots

Please allow me to amaze thee. :)
Do you use any 3rd party apps (like Litchi), or just DJI GO? Have you played with FPV head tracking with your Inspire? I do some FPV with my P3 Pro and Avegant Glyph. The Glyph supposedly supports head tracking, but I don't have an Inspire.

Hi Ric @ricphoto, I was looking at the order/ship list and I noticed that you ordered your Mavic from Advexure. Me too. Have you done business with them before?

Hey @mikesher, just got back from Cannon Beach and the Mavic worked perfectly! No disconnects on three flights, and it did wonderfully in the wind, which was pretty much 10-20 mph the whole time. I think a lot of the tilted horizons you're seeing are due to the Mavic compensating for wind. Straight on into it my horizon was straight, but when it was fighting a stronger wind, you could see the quad titling noticeably.

I haven't had time to dig through the pics and process them yet, but just as an example, here's a straight, unmodified pic, as well as a quicky HDR from five surrounding exposures.

DJI_0293.JPG HD_Haystack2.jpg

And just for fun, I did a five-minute exposure in terrible lighting. This was just a test of how steady the Mavic is. I Hyperlapsed it at 8x speed, and it's pretty impressive how stable it is when you consider the winds were gusting, not steady, between 10-20 mph the whole time I was shooting.

I was very conservative in how I flew it -- didn't go over water, didn't fly very far away from myself -- since the drone is so new and I'm still learning how to use it. (Plus want to get a number of disconnect-free flights under my belt!)

My only complaint with it was the stupid tap focus feature. My first flight I forgot to do that and got blurry footage and pics I had to throw out. I'll get used to it and make it a standard part of my preflight, but I was so distracted by concern over the basic flying this time given how new it is and the previous disconnects that I forgot to do it. Flights 2 and 3 were focused. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Peel
Hey @mikesher, just got back from Cannon Beach and the Mavic worked perfectly! No disconnects on three flights, and it did wonderfully in the wind, which was pretty much 10-20 mph the whole time. I think a lot of the tilted horizons you're seeing are due to the Mavic compensating for wind. Straight on into it my horizon was straight, but when it was fighting a stronger wind, you could see the quad titling noticeably.

Good to hear that you haven't have any new issues. It looks very stable. Hyperlapse looks cool. Thanks for sharing!

@mikesher, I haven't added myself to the order/ship list yet. Do you have a link to that thread?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
Hi Peel,

There are a couple lists available.

You can add yourself to this list:
DJI Mavic Shipping Data

And if you ordered before 10/31, you can request to be added to the list in this post:
Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

If you ordered from DJI directly, here is another one:
http://www.dronehome.io/dji_track/orders

Last edited:
Reactions: Peel
Hi Ric @ricphoto, I was looking at the order/ship list and I noticed that you ordered your Mavic from Advexure. Me too. Have you done business with them before?

No I haven't...had a few good chats and a long phone call (on a Saturday) with them that gave me confidence that they knew what they were doing...especially after aborted attempts with Amazon and Best Buy....Update phone calls have been informative and professional while still feeling personal...

we'll see ;-)

No I haven't...had a few good chats and a long phone call (on a Saturday) with them that gave me confidence that they knew what they were doing...especially after aborted attempts with Amazon and Best Buy....Update phone calls have been informative and professional while still feeling personal...

we'll see ;-)

and now with their battery markup debacle I have to start to wonder...

Just chatted with them again about my 10/22 combo order and was told:

"There are +/- 34 units that stand ahead of you as of this morning. There were a few cancellations today that were in front of you and the few units that will ship later today so most likely about 28 or 29 units to be exact. The spreadsheet does not get fully updated until EOD each day."

They also said they've been averaging around 18 units a week in and hope/think that will increase soon...

so I'm looking at another week or two on the Mavick...about the same as DJI said I'd (hopefully) have on the P4Pro...

Nearly new P4 goes to my Son and Grandson for Christmas...(without the 5 batteries, case and other goodies I added to the basic kit so far ;-)

"There are +/- 34 units that stand ahead of you as of this morning. There were a few cancellations today that were in front of you and the few units that will ship later today so most likely about 28 or 29 units to be exact. The spreadsheet does not get fully updated until EOD each day."

They also said they've been averaging around 18 units a week in and hope/think that will increase soon...

so I'm looking at another week or two on the Mavick...about the same as DJI said I'd (hopefully) have on the P4Pro...

Nearly new P4 goes to my Son and Grandson for Christmas...(without the 5 batteries, case and other goodies I added to the basic kit so far ;-)
I was one of those who cancelled, but I ordered after you.. so it didn't help.

At least they let you know where you stand. I ordered from Adorama, and when I contacted them on Tuesday to ask for basically the same info you received, I was told that the queue was confidential, as was the number and frequency of units they've received. They wouldn't even confirm if they've shipped a single unit or not. When I asked if they're in regular contact with DJI, they again refused to tell me anything to do with it. Basically they offered even less info than we've received from DJI so far. Sounds like you have a much better vendor than I do.

At least they let you know where you stand. I ordered from Adorama, ... Sounds like you have a much better vendor than I do.

My experiences over the years with Adorama have always included a lot of frustration...Tell them you're thinking about taking your business over to B&H that usually gets them moving ;-)

Mike...@mikesher

I'm sitting for the FAA part 107 exam Monday morning...any tips, hints, gotchas?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent