DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seattle Area Pilots

I'm not one to "lecture" because I believe the freedom is all yours to do as you want. It's not my place.

Buutt I just happen to be very familiar with that area... right west of Mercer Island is MANY Helicopter flight paths... also many seaplane landing paths to Lake Union, Washington etc. anyone that's been in Seattle will see the Seaplanes making their approach right through the city from all angles.

If I were flying long distances and only had FPV from the Drone I would be scared ****less of a plane I could not see. Before anyone comments the 400' rule here doesn't apply, because i used to go to the top of Needle several times a week, at 600'+ tall, and see the tops of sea planes and helicopters making their approach. So you could follow the rules completely and still be the first to make King 5 news!

Like I said, be safe and make the best decision for you. I fly long distance all the time, but flying from Mercer Island to Seattle would scare me to death.

So this isn't a lecture, just explains my earlier statement.

Seaplanes are all over Lake Washington, Lake Union etc.
d9444fc590b25c68351929c23041a261.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: niclariv
I personally don't care... but I also wonder if flying is such poor conditions on a P3 is just asking for an issue. Open vents and all. Also poor visibility for pilots flying by eye sight trying to see a white drone in the fog.

Mercer Island and that bridge is very beautiful!

Hi My name is Morgan and I live in South Park (basically West Seattle) I am hopefully going to have a Mavic here soon (as soon as I find a good place to order it)

Reactions: Peel
Welcome Morgan! I ordered mine from NewEgg in late November and it took about 10 days for delivery - no tax no shipping. Let us know when you get yours.

Reactions: west1200us
Welcome Morgan! I ordered mine from NewEgg in late November and it took about 10 days for delivery - no tax no shipping. Let us know when you get yours.

Thank you, I will let you all know for sure.

As of about 2 days ago newegg is unfortunately out of stock for the moment (their pre order list is full) there is a store here in seattle that might actually have a fly more bundle in store, just waiting on a call back.

So happy for you. Where and when did you order it from?

Thank you.

You're gonna hate me for my answer haha, I ordered the flymore combo from Drone Depot Hobbies out of California on Jan 3rd at 5:30pm It was shipped within 24 hours with 2 day shipping.

once I get home and set it up, as long as it was packaged well by them etc...they are about to get a REALLY good Yelp/google/whatever review lol

Reactions: Walnawk
Just a reminder in your eagerness to turn it on, get the firmware updated, and the GO app settings set: don't forget to remove the gimbal clamp before you hit the power switch, so that you don't get the "gimbal motor overheated due to obstruction" warning, since the first thing the Mavic does is try to spin the gimbal in all 3 directions.

Just a reminder in your eagerness to turn it on, get the firmware updated, and the GO app settings set: don't forget to remove the gimbal clamp before you hit the power switch, so that you don't get the "gimbal motor overheated due to obstruction" warning, since the first thing the Mavic does is try to spin the gimbal in all 3 directions.

Thank you!....will do!

Thank you.

You're gonna hate me for my answer haha, I ordered the flymore combo from Drone Depot Hobbies out of California on Jan 3rd at 5:30pm It was shipped within 24 hours with 2 day shipping.

once I get home and set it up, as long as it was packaged well by them etc...they are about to get a REALLY good Yelp/google/whatever review lol

Thanks for sharing. Actually people ordered the flymore combo has much better results in getting hands on one. Some of us ordered from big retailers, the lead time is uncertain. Drone Depot Hobbies it is.

Last edited:
Also just to let you and other DJI people in seattle know....the DJI Store in Bellevue has batteries and things in stock....i just picked some up

Reactions: Peel and Walnawk
I was in Seattle this weekend, stayed at the Maxwell Hotel, and man staring at the needle was so tempting early in the morning to go for a quick litchi mission. Ugh. Seattle has put the brakes on Drones since that idiot wrecked his P4 going through the big wheel on Alaskan Way

I went into the DJI Factoria store today to finally put my hands on a Mavic Pro. Until today I had not seen one in person, but now that I have, I'm even more excited about picking one up after watching one of their employees fly it for me. That said, I will not go back to that store...I'll deal either with DJI direct or another retailer.

Since orders direct from the DJI website are shipping within a week, I walked in there thinking for sure I could order one through Factoria and it would ship at the same time. I was wrong...she said they may get them sometime in February but was very noncommital. Now you may be thinking to yourself, why in the world you even order from them locally knowing you'd have to pay tax? Well, I like supporting local businesses and it is definitely convenient having that store locally for batteries, props, service, etc, even if it costs a bit more upfront. I wanted to do my part to make sure they stay local. That said, I left the store with a weird feeling that DJI Factoria is a separate entity from the broader DJI and perhaps having them locally isn't going to be as big a bonus as I thought.

Why do I say that? Well, I already mentioned that they couldn't get me one any faster than Amazon could...and even their date appeared to just be a guess. Even though their store says DJI all over it, they act as though they are a retailer or distributor, not the manufacturer.

Secondly, I asked about the DJI care as I am still pretty unfamiliar with what it does for you. She said the store owner hasn't provided a price yet or even said they would offer it for the Mavic, but it was one upfront fee with one free replacement and two free repairs within one year. Does not sound like what DJI direct offers based on what I've read on this site. Sounds better actually, but of course that woud depend on the upfront price.

She also told me, after I had explained that I wanted one now-ish and was just going to order from the website, that if I did that I would have the ship the Mavic back to China for repairs instead of being able to bring it into the Factoria store. It's like they are competing for business against the DJI direct website. Why on earth have a local store if you're going to refuse to repair units purchased directly through DJI?

I left that store a bit confused....I still can't wait to get the Mavic Pro in my chubby little hands but I want nothing to do with the Factoria store. Has anyone else come away with a similar impression? Maybe I was just dealing with a horribly uninformed employee?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50