DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Second Drone SAR training session is Atlanta in June

@RCdancer I had signed up earlier, but went ahead and did it again as the venue had changed.
Thanks to the 3 of you for the heads up and all the work. If there is BBQ, we can plan on bringing some stuff to throw on it and make it an "event" :)

Good question! I forgot to mention that there is a barbecue right at the pavilion so bring your food and show us what you got. Any suggestions as to what lunch we can provide to the member's? Charlie and his wife were kind enough to get us firehouse subs the last time period

I've asked Tim Ganey to share his SAR experience and lessons learned in the Bankhead National Forest last week; it will be part of the presentation. I also intend to have an Inreach Mini to show/tell and talk about the importance of sat communications.

Reactions: Former Member
I'm going to see if I could wangle a get her back flotation device just for use that day on multiple drones. Also I want a demo trackiMO tracking device

I'm going to head back up there this week some time so I could you the coordinates for litchi missions.

Just my thoughts on a litchi mission would be that a person in a Canoe is missing after the rental day has ended. We need to find that person, identify the coordinates and return to home. I was thinking of Maybe having a swimmer with a life vest but that person might need to stay in the water a long time before everyone is done with their missions

Last edited:
Reactions: RCdancer
We will be charging $20 apiece (payable when you show up) for the training to cover rental of the pavilion, food and bling. As always, there is no cost for the training itself. I will also be providing a link to attendees to order and pay for a DSAR shirt if they want one (several will already have a shirt from the first session and may not want another one.)

Last edited:
Last time we maxed out on people at training. It was suggested by the attendees then to have people pay a small fee to cover costs (not pay for the training). After discussing it with Tunderdrones (who will be the treasurer for DSAR once we incorporate as a nonprofit), attendees need to pay a non-refundable $20 reservation fee up front to secure a spot. If someone reserves and pays but then doesn't attend, they would lose the fee because they would be preventing someone else from attending. The $20 goes to pavilion rental and food.

Thunderdrones will be announcing how he will collect payment.

Anyone that attends any of our training sessions has the opportunity to purchase this DSAR windbreaker jacket.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 6.46.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 6.46.20 PM.png
    825.9 KB · Views: 24
Thunderdrones did a test flight at the June training location yesterday and said it's ideal. Several hotels very close. Here's what he said,

"Ran a Litchi mission, and found good starting and home points. Pavillion #4 is going to be a good one. Close to parking, electric, grill, and can fly right out in front."

Should be a great learning experience and fun as well. Bring the family to hang out at the beach while you fly.

Last edited:
There are 6 slots left for training. This time we will be training grid searches over open water. We will be posting more details shortly, but you will need to prepare a grid search flight plan in advance and send it to Thunderdrones so he can check it for safety and to ensure regulatory compliance. We will also be training manual orbits around a distance object as well as manual FPV searches. Guaranteed to be fun.

There are 6 slots left for training. This time we will be training grid searches over open water. We will be posting more details shortly, but you will need to prepare a grid search flight plan in advance and send it to Thunderdrones so he can check it for safety and to ensure regulatory compliance. We will also be training manual orbits around a distance object as well as manual FPV searches. Guaranteed to be fun.

my brother and I plan to attend but we haven't see an email indicating where we are to sign up and pay.

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aeronkat