DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sending my Mavic back before even flying it

3bdlr7mannn

Reactions
My experience so far...

After a long wait I finally got my Mavic Pro, after checking out the tutorials and practicing on the simulator I decided to finally fly it. Turned on the drone to start my flight and I was greeted with two lovely messages "IMG_7579.PNG

Talked to their online support and they asked me to ship it to them.
Was very upset, but honestly can't wait for a replacement and fly it!!

That is grim!
TBH, maybe its better than my borderline/vague problems. At least you will get another. When did they say you will get it?

That is grim!
TBH, maybe its better than my borderline/vague problems. At least you will get another. When did they say you will get it?

I was only told to send it back without any further information, I am demanding a replacement since its a problem with the hardware, will update once i know!

**** I'm starting to get less excited about mine coming in and more worried about the problems I've been reading.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Its fine - put it into perspective, you read about a few dozen issues here but don't read about the tens of thousands of customers who have zero problems. The nature of forums - a gathering place for dissatisfied customers.

Its fine - put it into perspective, you read about a few dozen issues here but don't read about the tens of thousands of customers who have zero problems. The nature of forums - a gathering place for dissatisfied customers.

Well yeah now that I think about it that way I feel a little better.

**** I'm starting to get less excited about mine coming in and more worried about the problems I've been reading.

Mine has been absolutely perfect since October 25th. Over 8 hours of flight time with 45 flights it's still flying like it's brand new. Still looks brand new too! Great reliable drone! Be excited! Be very excited! ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using MavicPilots mobile app

Also if the clamp was removed what checks did support run through with you?

Did they actually even ask you if the clamp was in situ?

Then...?

1. Calibrate the gimbal?
2. Reset the Camera settings?
3. Factory reset?
4. Force f/w update?
5. Calibrate IMU?

If none of the above then the situation with support is even more worrying than I thought :(

Last edited:
Also if the clamp was removed what checks did support run through with you?

Did they actually even ask you if the clamp was in situ?

Then...?

1. Calibrate the gimbal?
2. Reset the Camera settings?
3. Factory reset?
4. Force f/w update?
5. Calibrate IMU?

If none of the above then the situation with support is even more worrying than I thought :(

Have you got yours back yet Chippie?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Have you got yours back yet Chippie?

Will be here Wednesday Thumbswayup:)

Next time I am going to go directly to DJI rather than letting the Vendor do it as I lost over a week before they decided what to do then 4 days extra in shipping.

EDIT: It only took 2 days for DJI to verify the issue, replace, test and QA a new drone though so their turn around was very fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: lifeismusic
Will be here Wednesday Thumbswayup:)

Next time I am going to go directly to DJI rather than letting the Vendor do it as I lost over a week before they decided what to do then 4 days extra in shipping.

EDIT: It only took 2 days for DJI to verify the issue, replace, test and QA a new drone though so their turn around was very fast.

Yep, I did exactly the same thing. Spent 9 days with the vendor before they eventually decided they couldn't sort it. Just arrived with DJI NL today, so we'll see what happens.

Reactions: chippie
Ah cool, well it was the NL that sorted mine so they will turn it around quickly. Probably just a straight swap and test! We will get there eventually lol.

Does not matter though, as soon as mine gets here, it will be freezing rain and 60mph winds knowing my luck!

Reactions: Wacker2611
That really does sound like the gimbal was locked (see through tiny plastic shipping guard still in place). If not locked, then certainly damaged.

Not saying it's the cause of this issue..but that gimbal lock is easy to miss, especially with new toy absent-mindedness I sometimes experience. Need to print an orange one.

I would have tried a gimbal cal or an IMU cal before I sent it off, chances are that's what they will do first anyhow.

Reactions: lifeismusic
Not saying it's the cause of this issue..but that gimbal lock is easy to miss, especially with new toy absent-mindedness I sometimes experience. Need to print an orange one.

I would have tried a gimbal cal or an IMU cal before I sent it off, chances are that's what they will do first anyhow.

I drilled a little hole in my lock and attached a big orange "remove before flight" label on a strap, so I don't forget to remove timely and cannot easily lose the lock.

Reactions: Snoweman
Mine has been absolutely perfect since October 25th. Over 8 hours of flight time with 45 flights it's still flying like it's brand new. Still looks brand new too! Great reliable drone! Be excited! Be very excited! ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using MavicPilots mobile app

yeah I forgot about the fiddly clip behind there too! easily missed!

That gimbal clamp is an abomination! Everything else is so beautifully designed, but that clamp has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I'm getting one of these instead:
Dynamic 3D Solutions

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada