DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seniors; What aides have you come up with to help you enjoy flying more?

Ladies Lovd Cool J
Whilst out & about flying
A nice 26 year gorgeous female to help me look for it in the woods. ...Ohh wait, I just remembered, I didn't even fly it today. In case my wife is reading, I was just kidding sweetie.
Not Mr. c

Im a senior citizen, and my body has limitations due to age and a few motorcycle and skiing accidents from back when I was young and dumb. Now that Im a senior, my body remembers every mogul on a ski slope that I jumped and wiped out on, and every dirt mound I misjudged on my Enduro. Since Im not as limber as I once was, I have come up with devices to help me enjoy flying more.

Some of my helpful accessories are:
  1. 3' long grabber to help me pick things up off the ground
  2. Controller device extender to bring my Galaxy S9+ closer to my eyes
  3. Reading glasses that focus on 12" in front of my nose so that I can see the S9+
  4. Vaseline on my arms, legs and feet during those cold days when 18 minutes of flying feels like hours
  5. Controller mittens to keep my hands out of the elements
There are many more and I will add them as I remember them.

What have you come up with to help you?
Two priorities for me:
1) Make sure all batteries are fully charged before flying.
2) That includes the battery for my pacemaker!
Not a good look having to decide which leads should be plugged into the power pack when you out in the middle of nowhere and the "low battery" warning is sounding off.
OMG - which battery???
o_Oo_Oo_OThumbswayup

Enjoy your third age - you've earned it!
:D:cool:

Two priorities for me:
1) Make sure all batteries are fully charged before flying.
2) That includes the battery for my pacemaker!
Not a good look having to decide which leads should be plugged into the power pack when you out in the middle of nowhere and the "low battery" warning is sounding off.
OMG - which battery???
o_Oo_Oo_OThumbswayup

Enjoy your third age - you've earned it!
:D:cool:

Thats hilarious! I have Afib, so if I ever need a pacemaker, I will ask them to implant a Micro USB port under my arm so I can recharge it.

Reactions: ssvdh66
I do like bringing a folding chair... is Senior calculated by discounted coffee at McDonalds?

Im a senior citizen, and my body has limitations due to age and a few motorcycle and skiing accidents from back when I was young and dumb. Now that Im a senior, my body remembers every mogul on a ski slope that I jumped and wiped out on, and every dirt mound I misjudged on my Enduro. Since Im not as limber as I once was, I have come up with devices to help me enjoy flying more.

Some of my helpful accessories are:
  1. 3' long grabber to help me pick things up off the ground
  2. Controller device extender to bring my Galaxy S9+ closer to my eyes
  3. Reading glasses that focus on 12" in front of my nose so that I can see the S9+
  4. Vaseline on my arms, legs and feet during those cold days when 18 minutes of flying feels like hours
  5. Controller mittens to keep my hands out of the elements
There are many more and I will add them as I remember them.

What have you come up with to help you?
A turret mounted in the roof of my van. One like they had in WW II bombers complete with rotating seat operated by foot pedals. Nice clear bubble canopy along with a sweet 19" monitor mounted in the turret and connected to my remote. Got A/C and heat so I can fly in any temp. with no problems. It's awesome!

A turret mounted in the roof of my van. One like they had in WW II bombers complete with rotating seat operated by foot pedals. Nice clear bubble canopy along with a sweet 19" monitor mounted in the turret and connected to my remote. Got A/C and heat so I can fly in any temp. with no problems. It's awesome!

And of course, twin .50 calibers.

I do like bringing a folding chair... is Senior calculated by discounted coffee at McDonalds?
Well that discounted McD coffee sounds like they are offering you something special but it happens to be the same price as their standard charge for a coffee, so although it sounds good, they are not really offering a senior any kind of a discount.

Well now let me show you my answer to the problem of visibility!

As others have mentioned, sometimes in bright sunshine it's not easy to see the screen and your Mavic (or other) at the same time.
So I devised a very practical wearable ground station which does the job perfectly for me. Allows me to see controller, screen and drone with best viewing angles - I can't fly without it now - tell me what you think!

Well now let me show you my answer to the problem of visibility!

As others have mentioned, sometimes in bright sunshine it's not easy to see the screen and your Mavic (or other) at the same time.
So I devised a very practical wearable ground station which does the job perfectly for me. Allows me to see controller, screen and drone with best viewing angles - I can't fly without it now - tell me what you think!

Nice rig!

Reactions: mereflyer
By then you will be flying in your drone.
Maybe we'll be that much closer to just laying around, jacked into the matrix. We're close to practically living on a motherboard with 5G rolling out, all of the devices we're "connected" to, human augmentation being pushed, autonomous cars on the horizon, etc. o_O

Last edited:
Maybe we'll be that much closer to just laying around, jacked into the matrix. We're close to practically living on a motherboard with 5G rolling out, all of the devices we're "connected" too, human augmentation being pushed, autonomous cars on the horizon, etc. o_O
Exciting stuff.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart