DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seniors; What aides have you come up with to help you enjoy flying more?

Former Member

Reactions
Im a senior citizen, and my body has limitations due to age and a few motorcycle and skiing accidents from back when I was young and dumb. Now that Im a senior, my body remembers every mogul on a ski slope that I jumped and wiped out on, and every dirt mound I misjudged on my Enduro. Since Im not as limber as I once was, I have come up with devices to help me enjoy flying more.

Some of my helpful accessories are:
  1. 3' long grabber to help me pick things up off the ground
  2. Controller device extender to bring my Galaxy S9+ closer to my eyes
  3. Reading glasses that focus on 12" in front of my nose so that I can see the S9+
  4. Vaseline on my arms, legs and feet during those cold days when 18 minutes of flying feels like hours
  5. Controller mittens to keep my hands out of the elements
There are many more and I will add them as I remember them.

What have you come up with to help you?

Im a senior citizen, and my body has limitations due to age and a few motorcycle and skiing accidents from back when I was young and dumb. Now that Im a senior, my body remembers every mogul on a ski slope that I jumped and wiped out on, and every dirt mound I misjudged on my Enduro. Since Im not as limber as I once was, I have come up with devices to help me enjoy flying more.

3. Reading glasses that focus on 12" in front of my nose so that I can see the S9+
  4. Vaseline on my arms, legs and feet during those cold days when 18 minutes of flying feels like hours

Flying from inside a nice warm truck.

They call them (the Golden Years)...I say, more like tarnished brass.

I tried the neck strap. Big mistake, it torqued ny neck so I purchased a shoulder strap type and it made a huge difference in comfort. I only use it when flying the Phantom 4 Pro though. The larger controller feels bulky and I have a better comfort level that I won’t inadvertently drop it. With the Mavic’s I just hold the controller. All in the way I set the balance on the mavmount. I also use an I Pad Pro 10.5 for better vision. Generally I launch and land on the roof of my car. It keeps me from having to hold the drone, bend down and set it on the ground while trying to also hold the controller. It also keeps it from sucking up dirt when taking off.

I’m sure the younger pilots who are reading this thread are shaking their head thinking we are probably hobbling with a walker while attempting to fly. I leave you with this thought. The body wears out way before the mind so use the mind as a tool for smarter work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580