DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IlluminationsfromtheAttic

Reactions

Severe weather brought major flooding to the lowlands of Southwest Washington in the Pacific Northwest this week. Many roads were underwater, including a long stretch of the I-5 freeway. Towns such as Centralia, Chehalis, and Kelso were seriously affected. This natural disaster is the second of its kind to hit the region within the last few months, and such disasters are only likely to grow more devastating and frequent as climate change alters our global and regional weather patterns.

Aerial segments of this video were all filmed with the Mavic 3. The Nikon Z6 +70-200mm 2.8 S was used to film the clips captured from the ground. I really appreciated having the 7x optical zoom on the Mavic 3, as it was often impossible to get close to the flooding due to road closures and generally hazardous conditions.

I have to agree < last year we had 24 Tornados in 1 month near the likes of Cleveland Ohio.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain, and Land on the Water.
We've actually started to get tornados here in PNW as well, and severe weather in general seems to be becoming more common than mild weather. The temperature here has been going like a yo-yo recently, it was in the 60s before the last flood event, then the temperature plunged and we got nearly two weeks of freezing temps and deep snow (even a little snow is uncommon), which was melted into the flood as the temperature shot up over 50 alongside a week of non-stop rain. Thursday we got over 3 inches in 24 hours. Waters are receding now, but I just heard from a friend who's a meteorologist that we're probably going to get another flood in a few days when another big storm is supposed to hit.

Severe weather brought major flooding to the lowlands of Southwest Washington in the Pacific Northwest this week. Many roads were underwater, including a long stretch of the I-5 freeway. Towns such as Centralia, Chehalis, and Kelso were seriously affected. This natural disaster is the second of its kind to hit the region within the last few months, and such disasters are only likely to grow more devastating and frequent as climate change alters our global and regional weather patterns.

Aerial segments of this video were all filmed with the Mavic 3. The Nikon Z6 +70-200mm 2.8 S was used to film the clips captured from the ground. I really appreciated having the 7x optical zoom on the Mavic 3, as it was often impossible to get close to the flooding due to road closures and generally hazardous conditions.
Yep we got some rain. It rains up here! We are kind of known for it! Thursday was quite the example of a deluge. Yep, we had some snow. we get some snow every year. Sometimes multiple times a year. I have had over 24” in one event in the past. A little over 14” this time. I 5 did flood because because of all this rain. It’s done it multiple times. Its a low place and water tends to flow down hill. The mountain passes closed also. We were trapped for a few days. But I was warm, and cozy. My daughter did have to do some back road maneuvering over 9 hours to get back to school in Pullman. But I have taught her well and she has learned.

So yes chicken little, the sky was falling! And it will again. We had some records broken. It happens all the time.

The whole West coast got hammered by the storm in late December. In CA, we got snow in place we don't usually get snow (down to 1000'), we got record snow fall in the Tahoe area (202" (broke a 30+ year record)), flooding too. Too much too fast.

Really good footage to show what's going on!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan