DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Share Your Mavic Setup & Case/Bag

Achilles

Reactions
I gotta come clean. As I saw people posting their awesome setups, must have accessories and water tight Pelican cases, I struggled to find the right combination of gadgets to bag/case. I musta dropped the iM2050 Pelican in my Amazon cart a thousand times but never pulled the trigger. So i waited.....

Days past and I became super frustrated at not having a convenient way to carry my gear and then it hit me. I got the Mavic Pro because it wasn't massive and bulky - it was small and powerful. I got the Mavic because I can take it anywhere effortlessly and have it in the air within minutes. So, with all that said why was I trying to find a bulky case to house this little bastard? I needed a bag that was as versatile and compact as the Mavic -

Say hello to the solution: Peak Design's Everyday Sling

If you want a hard case, more power to you but if you want a bag that's as flexible as your Mavic and holds a ton of gear - the Everyday Sling is where it's at. Just my two cents.

Now share your setup & bag/case:

Setup.jpg Bag.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MavicMo and Skydog
Achilles, I'm very tempted with the everyday sling too, would it fit a camera mirrorless camera (Fujifilm XT1), Mavic, controller and 2 batteries? I want to keep my camera with me too.

Reactions: Achilles
Achilles, I'm very tempted with the everyday sling too, would it fit a camera mirrorless camera (Fujifilm XT1), Mavic, controller and 2 batteries? I want to keep my camera with me too.

Easy :) it's got tons of space and you can rearrange the compartments.

Mavic - North Bay, CA

These are awesome carries everything.

Attachments

• 20161126_102834.jpg
    20161126_102834.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 265
  • 20161126_172417.jpg
    20161126_172417.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 273
Reactions: Achilles
case with tablet holder.JPG IMG_2700.JPG case with tablet holder.JPG IMG_2700.JPG

This is the generic version of the Polar Pro (identical but no name brand from Amazon). I modified the foam in the lid and added a spot to secure the Acer Iconia One 7 tablet I use with the controller

Last edited:
It is actually. I probably put that thread on top by asking advice about the peak design sling which was mentioned on the initial post.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

That is the main reason I started this thread. I noticed a lot of cases but not so many slings/bags.

Mavic - North Bay, CA

Reactions: bullbloke
I'm using Lowepro's sling 150 aw and it rocks! Super small and carries all my goodies. I get everything in the bottom section (charger and block, Mavic, three batteries and the controller) so the entire top section is available. It's not huge, but it'll handle a light windbreaker and snacks. Works for me!

Reactions: bullbloke
Posted to another forum, but for those looking for a cheap soft side bag. If you look at both the flickr and youtube links you'll also see ideas for a cover that I made for craft and controller.

GT

Flickr:
James O'Guinn

YouTube:

Attachments

• Mavic Bag - Unloaded__.jpg
    Mavic Bag - Unloaded__.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 182
  • Mavic Bag - Loaded__.jpg
    Mavic Bag - Loaded__.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 208
  • Mavic Pro - Controller - Cover (1 of 10)__.jpg
    Mavic Pro - Controller - Cover (1 of 10)__.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 194
  • Mavic Pro - Controller - Cover (7 of 10)__.jpg
    Mavic Pro - Controller - Cover (7 of 10)__.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 205
  • Mavic Pro - Craft - Cover (1 of 5)__.jpg
    Mavic Pro - Craft - Cover (1 of 5)__.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 208
  • Mavic Pro - Craft - Cover (5 of 5)__.jpg
    Mavic Pro - Craft - Cover (5 of 5)__.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 206
  • Mavic with Mavica__.jpg
    Mavic with Mavica__.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
That is the main reason I started this thread. I noticed a lot of cases but not so many slings/bags.

Ordered the sling btw, can't wait to receive it now. I had another bag from lowepro (sling), perfect to carry the drone only with all the accessories but not enough space for the camera :(

I have the same case. Very happy with it. Buy a can of plasti-dip and spray the foam insert holding everything. Its a trick used by gun owners on their pluck and pull foam cases. It strengthens the foam and seals the seams. Ive done it on mine and it works great.

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Last edited:
I'm using Lowepro's sling 150 aw and it rocks! Super small and carries all my goodies. I get everything in the bottom section (charger and block, Mavic, three batteries and the controller) so the entire top section is available. It's not huge, but it'll handle a light windbreaker and snacks. Works for me!
I bought the Sling Edge 150 by Lowepro too, fits everything in the bottom, but it's a little tight for my liking. I have the controller in the top section right now, but just think the layout could be better. Plus, Imwould like to throw my DSLR and a lens or two with me for a quick outing.

So. I just bought the Incase DSLR Sling for $49 on Amazon. I'm a fan of Incase, have their backpack, so will try this.

May go to the Lowepro Sling Edge 250 if the above doesn't work out.

abc898784a7a6ed91af4ed23c419f8ef.jpg
9c6bef045da541b05cc24addfc77d6f9.jpg

Prefer to have my set up in the smallest possible cases which I can carry in a rucksack with other stuff. Mavic sits perfectly in a GoPro (Casey) case with enough space for two spare batteries and spare blades/micro cards. Case is 22cm x 16cm x 9cm. £39 on Amazon. A little expensive but it's a quality case with a hard shell base and will definitely protect the Mavic more than the AJI case IMO.
And the controller sits in a Hero (non proprietary) case which is 16cm x 11cm x 6.5cm. £8 Look at this on eBay
Shockproof Waterproof Protective Case Carry Bag For GoPro Accessory Hero 2 3 4.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS