DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shots vanish from SD

MariusF

Reactions
Hey there!

First I'd like to thank for many posts I've been reading through until now!
Now I'm looking for some help on an issue I've had several times:

While flying I've taken some pictures in several modes. Videos, burst pictures, HDR, plain pictures...
Within the DJI GO 4 App I can find these pictures, however when connecting my SD to my Mac they are vanished!
When I'm now trying to copy the full quality picture to my phone it says that the file could not be found.

Has anyone experienced the same problem?
Any idea?

Thanks so much!

Happy Landings!

If you're using an older SD card reader with a bigger card you'll need to get another card reader. I had to get another card reader, my old reader didn't work and I had the same symptoms as you. I got this, cheap but it works:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IX9ZDKC/

IIRC, I formatted my 128GB card with Disk Utility on my Mac as ExFAT because prevailing wisdom said that if the card was 64GB or larger and to use FAT if smaller. That has worked fine going back and forth between my MP and Mac for over two months. Most folks advise only formatting in the Mavic and never on a PC or Mac. ExFAT or FAT, any modern Mac should be able to read either.

Thanks for your help!

I am using a 32GB SD, formatted as FAT32.
Just trying to recover the files and when I'm done with it, I will try to format it again. I'm not sure how I did it before - I think it was not with the MP...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyggi