DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I Sell or should I keep my Mavic 2 Pro now that I have my M3?

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Now that I've become familiar with my new Mavic 3 with fly more kit, I find that I am using my perfectly fine Mavic 2 Pro less and less.It was my only drone for recent Chile trip if anyone wants to see its capabilities. It is in excellent condition, with no history of crashes, injuries of any sort. The batteries and fly more kit and care refresh are all there. I'm afraid that since DJI has discontinued manufacturing the Mavic 2 Pro, my M2P will become more and more obsolete. Before even going through the work of photographing it for sale, I thought I would run it by you people in the forum. I must admit I really don't use the Waypoints, which is really the only thing I would really be losing as compared to the Mavic 3. I would also really miss the DJI Go4 app.

Original price for drone $1279, care refresh $139.00 and $399.00 for fly more for original total of $1817.00.Thinking of letting it all go for $1000.00. I'd like some input before proceeding with my decision.

Dale
Miami

Last edited:
As soon as you sell it something will happen to the M3 and you might be grounded- - - - but at that price I'd probably have to use the thumb screws to prevent myself being tempted --------- if it weren't for the swim lol.
Have a look on ebay and see what completed auctions, NOT BIN's, are reaching.

Last edited:
My feeling when reading through your post is that you should sell it since you're happy with the Mavic 3, you're not missing features on the Mavic 2 and it's only going to get older and worth less. If you sold it and really needed it again you should still be able to buy one although maybe not in as good condition.

I held onto the Mavic Pro when I bought the Mavic 2 Pro in case I needed a backup drone but I think I used the M1P once since so it's just been a waste. There had been some interest from people wanting to buy it and wish I'd just sold it then. If I bought a Mavic 3 I think I'd just sell the M2P as I wouldn't have much need for the M2P and prefer just to focus on one drone at a time.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Wait for one more firmware coming soon i here from one of your Mutual friends and if it has any merrit, than let the mavic 2 pro Go.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.
Mutual friend (zeussfl) has already been contacted. He agrees that I should sell but also would miss Waypoints. Are you telling me that there will be another M2P firmware update? I cannot really understand why they would update firmware on a product they are no longer manufacturing.

Mutual friend (zeussfl) has already been contacted. He agrees that I should sell but also would miss Waypoints. Are you telling me that there will be another M2P firmware update? I cannot really understand why they would update firmware on a product they are no longer manufacturing.
On the Mavic 3 Firmware not the Mavic 2 in hopes to polish it up and maybe add something else.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Now that I've become familiar with my new Mavic 3 with fly more kit, I find that I am using my perfectly fine Mavic 2 Pro less and less.It was my only drone for recent Chile trip if anyone wants to see its capabilities. It is in excellent condition, with no history of crashes, injuries of any sort. The batteries and fly more kit and care refresh are all there. I'm afraid that since DJI has discontinued manufacturing the Mavic 2 Pro, my M2P will become more and more obsolete. Before even going through the work of photographing it for sale, I thought I would run it by you people in the forum. I must admit I really don't use the Waypoints, which is really the only thing I would really be losing as compared to the Mavic 3. I would also really miss the DJI Go4 app.

Original price for drone $1279, care refresh $139.00 and $399.00 for fly more for original total of $1817.00.Thinking of letting it all go for $1000.00. I'd like some input before proceeding with my decision.

Dale
Miami
If you like to use Litchi or other 3rd Party apps, like waypoint missions... or fly waypoint that might go behind a building (construction) and disconnect. The M2P does on-board processing, something the M3 won't do even when SDK is available for waypoint missions.

I'm a drone hoarder... I'd just as soon retain than sell off. I've got 2 Inspire 1... X5R and XT 640 R. Not used often but still great to have on hand. My Mavic Pro sits in it's case... not much use, but on shelf.

The M2P remains a great platform, worth retaining.

If you like to use Litchi or other 3rd Party apps, like waypoint missions... or fly waypoint that might go behind a building (construction) and disconnect. The M2P does on-board processing, something the M3 won't do even when SDK is available for waypoint missions.

I'm a drone hoarder... I'd just as soon retain than sell off. I've got 2 Inspire 1... X5R and XT 640 R. Not used often but still great to have on hand. My Mavic Pro sits in it's case... not much use, but on shelf.

The M2P remains a great platform, worth retaining.
Dougcjohn:
you are, of course, correct , but what will happen when the batteries go and there are no replacements from DJI and iffy batteries from dubious sources? Then my M2P will be a paper weight.

DJI still needs to support the M2PE and they use the same batteries. There is still some support for it.

I haven't been paying attention is the GPS issue still a thing on the M3?

I haven't been paying attention is the GPS issue still a thing on the M3?
There's reports it's improved in the new beta firmware:

There's reports it's improved in the new beta firmware:

good to know, still glad I returned it. I think im gona wait a bit more before i buy a new drone from my air 2...

@Dale D i guess it boils down to how attached you are to your drones,i still have my MPP purchased November 2018 ,and although i know that upcoming rule changes in the UK will restrict its usefulness eventually, plus the issues of replacement batteries and consumables,
i know that if i parted with it ,i would instantly regret doing so

Reactions: TTP and SFC117
Dougcjohn:
you are, of course, correct , but what will happen when the batteries go and there are no replacements from DJI and iffy batteries from dubious sources? Then my M2P will be a paper weight.
Yep, that’s a concern… but a ways out so not a major issue. The LiPo gel will decay as all LiPo, but if you store 60-70% and cool environment they normally won’t have any premature failures, charge will fade slowly till next recharge and last for several years.

My Inspire 1 and Mavic Pro batteries are fine. I bring them out once a year minimally to charge and fly a short time, recharge to 3 lights and place back in storage.

I‘ve not encountered any Mavic series failed batteries. Had a few TB50‘s fail (I think those were most problematic DJI batteries) and a few TB48’s needing rebalanced… but so far no Mavic series... Mavic Pro, Mini, Inspire 1 & P4Pv2 get minimal attention & flights.

@Dale D i guess it boils down to how attached you are to your drones,i still have my MPP purchased November 2018 ,and although i know that upcoming rule changes in the UK will restrict its usefulness eventually, plus the issues of replacement batteries and consumables,
i know that if i parted with it ,i would instantly regret doing so
Don’t know about UK… but isn’t the remote ID going to be provided by small add-on unit for older drones. I have no concerns for my older drones.. plan to use add-on. I’m assuming 3rd party will provide some nice units… DJI may even release a small add-on more focused on their older crafts.

Don’t know about UK… but isn’t the remote ID going to be provided by small add-on unit for older drones. I have no concerns for my older drones.. plan to use add-on. I’m assuming 3rd party will provide some nice units… DJI may even release a small add-on more focused on their older crafts.
in the UK in the open category all drones are classified by weight ,and for the hobby flyer that means that drones like my MPP, are classed as legacy ,and therefore separation distances from people and infrastructure where they can be flown , have been increased ,these rules dont apply to drones in the under 250g weight category

My feeling when reading through your post is that you should sell it since you're happy with the Mavic 3, you're not missing features on the Mavic 2 and it's only going to get older and worth less. If you sold it and really needed it again you should still be able to buy one although maybe not in as good condition.

I held onto the Mavic Pro when I bought the Mavic 2 Pro in case I needed a backup drone but I think I used the M1P once since so it's just been a waste. There had been some interest from people wanting to buy it and wish I'd just sold it then. If I bought a Mavic 3 I think I'd just sell the M2P as I wouldn't have much need for the M2P and prefer just to focus on one drone at a time.
I still use my original Mavic Pro for my long range flights! If something happens to it…oh well!

Dale
Miami
Yes, unless you want that to be a drone collector. I will say that right now it has a highest value. MERCARI, OfferUp , eBay or this platform. Is not like you have a Enterprise Advance or an Inspire 2.
They are similar and the new one has more features than the pro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karchuandiong