DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I trade my p4 for a MA

justinca2013

Reactions
Hey guys hope everybody is having a great day. Ever since I purchased my Mavic 2 zoom. I have been wondering if I should trade my p4 for a air. I have only flown the P for about 30 to 40 times it still has all the stickers on it like it’s new never been Crashed. I have 2 batteries and also had the controller modded at maxxuav and the 4hawks raptor xr range extender. Carbon fiber gimbal guard. Have the aluminum case where you do not need to take the propellers off. It’s an amazing drone and is in like new condition and flys great. But with me having my M2Z I’ve been thinking having the air would be nice. What do you guys think? Pros cons and input is much appreciated!! [emoji106]

Part of the equation will be the dollars and what you are willing to part with in that regard.
P4’s don’t tend to bring a ton of money and your accessory package may not return what you have invested.
The other thing to consider is the higher noise level that the air will provide you and the others around you. But then there’s always those noise reducing props that many people claim to be an ear saver. (Not my opinion)
If you think your P4 had a range issue, wait till you get your air. Maybe you already know that aspect.
Either way, a tricky decision and a trade may work out.

Reactions: justinca2013
Personally, we'd hang on to the stuff you have, and simply add The Air.

There are times when the Air is your quickest and best bet for usage - LOTS of them. But we'd bet you still switch to your original items when the mood strikes you.

Not a huge investment to simply buy an Air; just go for it.

Rgds, MAVNAV

Reactions: justinca2013
Hey guys hope everybody is having a great day. Ever since I purchased my Mavic 2 zoom. I have been wondering if I should trade my p4 for a air. I have only flown the P for about 30 to 40 times it still has all the stickers on it like it’s new never been Crashed. I have 2 batteries and also had the controller modded at maxxuav and the 4hawks raptor xr range extender. Carbon fiber gimbal guard. Have the aluminum case where you do not need to take the propellers off. It’s an amazing drone and is in like new condition and flys great. But with me having my M2Z I’ve been thinking having the air would be nice. What do you guys think? Pros cons and input is much appreciated!! [emoji106]
I would make that trade.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QU="justinca2013, post: 813694, member: 100481"]
I would make that trade.

What do you have?

Personally, we'd hang on to the stuff you have, and simply add The Air.

There are times when the Air is your quickest and best bet for usage - LOTS of them. But we'd bet you still switch to your original items when the mood strikes you.

Not a huge investment to simply buy an Air; just go for it.

Rgds, MAVNAV

[emoji848] not a bad idea

I am still happy with the pictures the ma takes. And they are easier to cart around.View attachment 80365

How bad are the range issues? I got a p3s to start like a lot did I think. Then decided that I wanted more range went for a new p4. I doubled the range but still wasn’t happy so I sent it off to be modded with the range extender at maxxuav with the 4hawks xr. Now it goes as far as my m2z does. I was thinking the portability of the air would be nice but just very on the fence.

Depends on what you want to do with it.The original p4s have the same size sensor as the MA, so the pix won't be any better. I use the Mavic Air a lot, because it is so much easier to travel with. It is less steady in wind gusts than either the P3 4K or P4 adv. however. It also flys well inside using the optical sensors, which maybe a factor.

What P4 are you referring to? I know theres different models.

Reactions: jimlips
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowSoonIsNow?