DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should props fold loosely or does it matter?

brett8883

Reactions
I bought the MasterAirscrew props for Mavic Pro a few months ago and I noticed one of them seemed really tight at the hinge where they fold up really tight. I was thinking that if they are too tight it could unbalance the props so I worked in a bit of food grade silicone spray(I use this to get in and out of my ski boots so I know it’s plastic safe.)

But now they are incredibly loose. They won’t resist gravity at all. When mavic is sitting on an uneven surface all the blades will turn in the direction the mavic is leaning they are so loose. The screw that holds in the props on isn’t coming loose, I guess the silicone just works better than I thought it would.

My question is if there’s any thought on how loose or tight the props should be at the folding junction and if it matters at all as long as they are secure? It flyers great maybe even quieter now but just curious if there’s a sweet spot or not.

Reactions: mereflyer
I don't think it matters. I have the mpp and when it was new the props were really tight. They got looser with time having done about 200hours of flight time. I changed them out for new ones and I had a pair of silver tipped and gold tipped original dji props, the silver tipped ones are much tighter than the gold ones. I just fold them out by hand and it seems fine, no vibrations and stuff.

And I have noticed in videos of the older mavic pro that the props would flop around on their own so they are really loose.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15