DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Significant half's respond

O ya i ask but i forgot to share my story, sorry

I didnt discuss with her
She discover it the same day as i bought it
Kind of upset a little
Try to fly the mavic a bit, she got bored and said she prefer the cheerson tiny drone
Ended up buying ps4 for her

I'm the main bread winner so I have a slight advantage. I actually won a mavic on another forum contest and it was starting to look like the guy was going to flake out on me and not come through with the free mavic. I have a small aerial photography business and needed it for an upcoming indoor shoot. It was somewhat of a hard sell to her that I was going to spend a grand on something that I won but just haven't received yet. She wasn't in love with the idea but she gets a lot of vacations and other things during the course of a year so she couldn't really say too much.

Reactions: Ciawz
I make good money and have lots of expensive hobbies. I save a ton but I spend a lot too. The Mavic Fly More Combo was just that months fun toy. LOL. Okay...not quite THAT bad, maybe it was those few months toy. I just bought it...the credit card automatically pays itself off every month. She doesn't care...she is super supportive of whatever I want to do. I'm **** lucky.

Keep going bro, you'll love it
And make sure that u read the manual, and hopefullly u can avoid making some beginner's mistakes
I already love it! Been in the hobby a few years. I also build cars, it's awesome!

Did not discuss it with the girlfriend ahead of my purchase, she hates it and refuses to participate. She won't allow me to bring it to her house and complains that I peruse this forum too much. Answer your question?

I thoughtfully decided to use psychology and suggested to my wife an option of an expensive fishing boat or a Mavic for myself. She suspiciously was keen on the idea of whichever I wanted. 1 mavic later I have been presented with her options of a 2 carat pear-shaped diamond ring or a diamond necklace. I wonder if Droneworld accepts returns

I thoughtfully decided to use psychology and suggested to my wife an option of an expensive fishing boat or a Mavic for myself. She suspiciously was keen on the idea of whichever I wanted. 1 mavic later I have been presented with her options of a 2 carat pear-shaped diamond ring or a diamond necklace. I wonder if Droneworld accepts returns
Lol, epic, she used your move on you
But i do know that jewellery shops accept return ;)

Did not discuss it with the girlfriend ahead of my purchase, she hates it and refuses to participate. She won't allow me to bring it to her house and complains that I peruse this forum too much. Answer your question?
Try do the selfie move on her
"Selfie...." (imitate camera shutter noise) while holding your mavic Thumbswayup
Finger cross that she wont toss it away

I make good money and have lots of expensive hobbies. I save a ton but I spend a lot too. The Mavic Fly More Combo was just that months fun toy. LOL. Okay...not quite THAT bad, maybe it was those few months toy. I just bought it...the credit card automatically pays itself off every month. She doesn't care...she is super supportive of whatever I want to do. I'm **** lucky.
Good for you bro ThumbswayupThumbswayup

Where can I get me one of them there credit cards that automaticamally pays itself off every month? My credit cards don't do that.

Where can I get me one of them there credit cards that automaticamally pays itself off every month? My credit cards don't do that.
Lol, good point on "literally" point of view
I believe he connect his credit card with his bank account and it is on auto pay
But, yeah, count me in too if there's a credit card that can pay itself

Ha ha! Yeah...it automatically pays itself with an ACH from my Checking Account. LOL

I did the "Oh, by the way..." thingee on her expecting to hear some yelling. Instead all I got was a "I don't understand why you are so obsessed with getting a drone." I was pleasantly surprised.

And now after she has seen the videos I shot with it from our 2 week European vacation, she is happy I bought it.

My wife was relieved that I may find flying more fun then riding rally motorbikes through a desert... She always found those days/week quite stressful.
And I reminded her about how much her horse eats...
(And she reminded me that even if I buy a mavic she still has to feed the horse...)
But overall it was a good spirited conversation and she's very supportive.

Actually, my wife had been bothering me for months to buy it. She does blogging and videos. So, when the Mavic airborne, half the time, she is on the controls.

And now after she has seen the videos I shot with it from our 2 week European vacation, she is happy I bought it.

Good for u Thumbswayup
Btw i assume u brought your mavic along during the vacation, how was it? Any problem from the custom or from the airlines? Or maybe from the local authorities

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143