DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Significant half's respond

Ciawz

Reactions
Greetings, fellow mavic pilots
Just wanna know the story behind your mavic
1. Did u discuss with your wife/husband/fiance/fiancee/gf/bf before purchasing the mavic?
a. Yes, he/she supports me
b. Yes, i fought for my mavic!!
c. No
d. Others, please specify

2. What was his/her response?

I thought it will be fun to talk about it
Cheers ;)

My Mavic is actually my Wife's. We do long distance kayaking and each year we do a fundraising trip raising money for cancer research. Anyway the last 6 years we have done it, I video and photograph the whole trip and then put together a video for the team, and do some promotional spots for us to advertise with on social media. Anyway, I have always wanted some aerial stuff for the videos but just didn't want to spend the dough. So anyway my wife saw some aerials of others kayaking and it just fascinated her to the point that she really wanted that in our videos so she bought the Mavic for me to use. She has flown it twice but isn't real comfortable doing it so the "chore" of flying it falls on me. :)

Reactions: dex_
My Mavic is actually my Wife's. We do long distance kayaking and each year we do a fundraising trip raising money for cancer research. Anyway the last 6 years we have done it, I video and photograph the whole trip and then put together a video for the team, and do some promotional spots for us to advertise with on social media. Anyway, I have always wanted some aerial stuff for the videos but just didn't want to spend the dough. So anyway my wife saw some aerials of others kayaking and it just fascinated her to the point that she really wanted that in our videos so she bought the Mavic for me to use. She has flown it twice but isn't real comfortable doing it so the "chore" of flying it falls on me. :)

Wow you sir, are a very noble person Thumbswayup
My wife on the other hand
Chose cheerson cx series over the mavic
As it is "more challenging in keeping the drone afloat" That's what she said

Last edited:
or e) she thinks it is a $50 toy and I am keeping my mouth shut

Hahaha i am honestly waiting for you to post "opps my wife found out that my drone is worth more than $50" moment
And for now, happy flying sir

Last edited:
Reactions: darren6270
Photography is a hobby of mine that turned into a small business given the wife didn't want me to keep spending all my money on gear and people wanted to hire me for photos.....with that said...as long as the money comes from the business she's okay with it.

She also decided to buy me a small "toy" one for Christmas that got me hooked on them so I blame her anyway!

Reactions: frankiez and Ciawz
After spending tens of thousands over the last 20 years on my other hobbies,road racing sport bikes, building cafe racers and boats she was pleased with my less expensive drone hobby. So I have several

Reactions: phagerman and Ciawz
I told my wife that instead of buying another Gibson Les Paul, I'm gonna buy a drone.
She said, go ahead it's your MONEY!

Reactions: Ciawz
I'm only 16 so I decided to work over the summer and my hard work turned into a mavic!
Keep going bro, you'll love it
And make sure that u read the manual, and hopefullly u can avoid making some beginner's mistakes

After spending tens of thousands over the last 20 years on my other hobbies,road racing sport bikes, building cafe racers and boats she was pleased with my less expensive drone hobby. So I have several
I like your style Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giku