DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Silencing the buzzer inside the Controller

Sounds so simple: While returning to home, tap the power button on your RC once to temporarily mute the RTH beep.

Someone please test and confirm.

Sounds so simple: While returning to home, tap the power button on your RC once to temporarily mute the RTH beep.

Works on the M2 Pro and Zoom

Reactions: ___

That only works for the RTH beep, which has nothing to do with the so called "heart attack" beeping that always commences at 15% remaining battery, and cannot be silenced by any button pressing, other than a custom DIY pressure button created by drilling into the RC to put pressure on the speaker plate. Not quite so simple, but very effective! It mews quietly like a kitten, instead of screaming like a spoiled brat. :cool:

Hey guys,
which resistor I need to solder with led?
Is it needed here?
Thank you.

I confirmed that this does not work on the Mavic Pro MK 1.

I confirmed that this does not work on the Mavic Pro MK 1.
As mentioned it indeed doesn’t work for Mavic2 neither. This does prevent the RTH beeping, but low battery beeping stays very loud and unstoppable. I’m now couple of months enjoying my hack with the small screw, I adjusted it by turning it so that just I can hear it, but no one else. Maybe it’s because i use an ipad but i’ve never had the small screw touching my hand. All in all I’m really happy with this mod, great instructions were provided by GadgetGuy

As mentioned it indeed doesn’t work for Mavic2 neither. This does prevent the RTH beeping, but low battery beeping stays very loud and unstoppable. I’m now couple of months enjoying my hack with the small screw, I adjusted it by turning it so that just I can hear it, but no one else. Maybe it’s because i use an ipad but i’ve never had the small screw touching my hand. All in all I’m really happy with this mod, great instructions were provided by GadgetGuy

I meant to say that pushing the power button does not silence the RTH beep for Mk1. I think that the power button trick only works for Mk2 RTH. Screw hack seems the best bet.

Reading this thread I somehow missed that it could be used to adjust the volume. Was hoping that a software adjustment hack (parameter hack) could be used but my research (including this very thread) says that’s not an option.

Thanks for everyone contributing here!

Your solution is exactly how I use mine with my broken off tooth pick in the hole, covered with tape for comfort. I still want to hear the beep for powering up and down, and leaving the remote on inadvertently. As long as it is the mew of a kitten, it is helpful. The heart attack beeping otherwise is annoying as heck! I prefer the pressure sensitivity over a screw, so I can totally silence it at will, if I don't want anyone to hear it. Can't really do that with the screw on the fly. Both are 1000% better than the stock setup. I can now comfortably take all my M2 batteries down to below 5% to increase flight time, without alerting everyone within 100 yards that I am the guy flying the drone from 15% and below!

Reactions: NoScreenNamesLeft
Your solution is exactly how I use mine with my broken off tooth pick in the hole, covered with tape for comfort. I still want to hear the beep for powering up and down, and leaving the remote on inadvertently. As long as it is the mew of a kitten, it is helpful. The heart attack beeping otherwise is annoying as heck! I prefer the pressure sensitivity over a screw, so I can totally silence it at will, if I don't want anyone to hear it. Can't really do that with the screw on the fly. Both are 1000% better than the stock setup. I can now comfortably take all my M2 batteries down to below 5% to increase flight time, without alerting everyone within 100 yards that I am the guy flying the drone from 15% and below!

You seem to be obsessed with Kitten's..mewwing.

But I can relate, as "if you not thinking about Kitten, Your just not Concentrating"

(With the Caffeine and Conerta, Im pretty focused, so If i have used that saying before..yeh)

*Is there still no SilencioRC for Mavic 2?, If there was obviously that would by my advice and
and then fly Litchi with has Speech warnings you can customize volume/frequency.

You seem to be obsessed with Kitten's..mewwing.

But I can relate, as "if you not thinking about Kitten, Your just not Concentrating"

(With the Caffeine and Conerta, Im pretty focused, so If i have used that saying before..yeh)

*Is there still no SilencioRC for Mavic 2?, If there was obviously that would by my advice and
and then fly Litchi with has Speech warnings you can customize volume/frequency.
If you heard the muted sound my M2 RC now makes, you would be thinking kitten mewing, too. It's like a kitten in a closet. ? Silencing it completely is not without its drawbacks. If you forget to turn it off, it will just burn up the RC battery, leaving you grounded the next time you go to fly, and I fly with a full sized iPad over the RC, so I can't see the display underneath, and do forget to turn it off sometimes. The mewing has saved my bacon a few times! It also lets me know when the next video file has begun, when the video spans more than one file. Quieting, not silencing, for me!

Are there any plans for Controller 2 for Air ?
I drilled a hole at mentioned position for C1, but buzzer don't seem to be there.
Thanks in advise
.2019.07.29_23.01.20_f.jpg

Are there any plans for Controller 2 for Air ?
I drilled a hole at mentioned position for C1, but buzzer don't seem to be there.
Thanks in advise
.View attachment 78546
I would try gently probing around inside with a toothpick applying pressure in each direction, after slightly enlarging your hole, or, make the hole large enough to see inside. Here is where it is on the Mavic 2, where you have both the C1 button and the rubber bumper for location reference. It has to be in there somewhere. Other have opened up the case, but I would try my suggestions first. It is a shiny piece of metal, so shining a light inside the hole may also be helpful. Good luck! It's worth the effort.

Last edited:
mavic air doesnt have c1 and 2 buttons!?

And there are so many orphan mAvic Pro controllers lying around.
Someone needs to make a mod to connect them

mavic air doesnt have c1 and 2 buttons!?

And there are so many orphan mAvic Pro controllers lying around.
Someone needs to make a mod to connect them
No, and no display either! Air RC is really stripped down, and likely mostly hollow inside, so they might have moved the speaker, but I doubt it. With no C1 button, drilling around to enlarge the hole shouldn't have much risk, and the RC is cheap to replace if it goes horribly wrong! Lots of Air owners probably have only the RC left and would sell it for a song!

I think the mavic PRo controller was over engineered (at least in terms of the LCD display).
Mavic One was in general, thats why it was so awesome.
So I can understand DJi supplying ghetto controllers, but at least make the M1P compatible.

The Idea of so many Mavic Pro's Owners with one or more spare controllers (you know you have one)
lying around, like last years smartphone. Just wasted parts & labour makes me a sad panda :(

No demand for them, as there are so many, and meanwhile
all these Mavic Air Owners with ghetto controllers, who could benefit.

I think the mavic PRo controller was over engineered (at least in terms of the LCD display).
Mavic One was in general, thats why it was so awesome.
So I can understand DJi supplying ghetto controllers, but at least make the M1P compatible.

The Idea of so many Mavic Pro's Owners with one or more spare controllers (you know you have one)
lying around, like last years smartphone. Just wasted parts & labour makes me a sad panda :(

No demand for them, as there are so many, and meanwhile
all these Mavic Air Owners with ghetto controllers, who could benefit.
Unfortunately, all Mavics share the same obnoxious heart attack beeping, once the battery reaches 15%. For me, it was the most annoying "safety feature" of the M2, preventing full use of the battery flight time, and distracting the pilot into panic. Once I fixed the problem, it has been nirvana, and I can comfortably take the battery down below 10% without alerting everyone within 500 feet of my presence, and "So that's where the annoying guy flying the drone is, and get him the hell out of here, as that beeping is annoying the heck out of my enjoyment of this scenic location!" ...and we wonder why the public is no longer drone friendly! :rolleyes: It's DJI's fault for adding the heart attack beeping feature to all Mavics!:mad:

Reactions: Kazzaaz
Unfortunately, all Mavics share the same obnoxious heart attack beeping, once the battery reaches 15%. For me, it was the most annoying "safety feature" of the M2, preventing full use of the battery flight time, and distracting the pilot into panic. Once I fixed the problem, it has been nirvana, and I can comfortably take the battery down below 10% without alerting everyone within 500 feet of my presence, and "So that's where the annoying guy flying the drone is, and get him the hell out of here, as that beeping is annoying the heck out of my enjoyment of this scenic location!" ...and we wonder why the public is no longer drone friendly! :rolleyes: It's DJI's fault for adding the heart attack beeping feature to all Mavics!:mad:

Tell me about it. I am that annoying guy :p
But seriously. I do everything in my power not to annoy ppl on ground.
Not to digress but the 120m rule is freken stupid for this reason. I can see why some folk may want to break it

I recently discovered you dont have to go full stick when manevouring too

It was never that bad a feature, the fact that you could not turn it off or adjust it was
Epic Failure on their part. Ive probly said in this thread already ( o look 3 posts up, lol) but This is why i like Litchi as combined with
Silencio as you can totally customize warnings.

I was hoping SilencioRC dude would come through for mavic 2 controller. They so similar?
But I am taking controller apart to remove something rattling, so I am going to add grazy glue and make that alarm Meww.
If it doesnt want to meww, i may just punch a hole in that little piece of vibrating tinfoil :)

Tell me about it. I am that annoying guy :p
But seriously. I do everything in my power not to annoy ppl on ground.
Not to digress but the 120m rule is freken stupid for this reason. I can see why some folk may want to break it

I recently discovered you dont have to go full stick when manevouring too

It was never that bad a feature, the fact that you could not turn it off or adjust it was
Epic Failure on their part. Ive probly said in this thread already ( o look 3 posts up, lol) but This is why i like Litchi as combined with
Silencio as you can totally customize warnings.

I was hoping SilencioRC dude would come through for mavic 2 controller. They so similar?
But I am taking controller apart to remove something rattling, so I am going to add grazy glue and make that alarm Meww.
If it doesnt want to meww, i may just punch a hole in that little piece of vibrating tinfoil :)
Been there, too! Couldn't fly from home until I resolved it! You really don't want it silenced completely, like the FW mod does on the MP. Just significantly reduced in volume. The speaker is needed for other needed notifications, like having left the remote on after landing, preventing killing the battery inadvertently. The drilled hole access, done correctly, gives you back full volume control, just like NLD does over the rest of the M2 parameters!

I'll weigh up my options.
Ive done ok with no sound whatsoever for awhile now.

But Im relatively new to Mavic 2, so yep

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro