DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video was recorded in 4K, not sure why the playback is maxed out at 720?!
I got 2160 without a problem. Nice video, but so repetitive. Should be part of a larger, overall story of Sanibel sights in my opinion.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: Vapor069
I got 2160 without a problem. Nice video, but so repetitive. Should be part of a larger, overall story of Sanibel sights in my opinion.

Dale
Miami
Thanks for the feedback, Dale! There really wasn't much of a story to tell, just a big yacht in the water on my way home from work. I did learn that the owner of the yacht bought the Twin Towers right before 9/11, and also built the new One World Trade Center. There's some other unsavory "largest insurance payout in history" stuff in that story as well.

Thanks for the feedback, Dale! There really wasn't much of a story to tell, just a big yacht in the water on my way home from work. I did learn that the owner of the yacht bought the Twin Towers right before 9/11, and also built the new One World Trade Center. There's some other unsavory "largest insurance payout in history" stuff in that story as well.

The yacht footage is superb. Having been to Sanibel and Captiva several times, there is a lot to see. You could really save the footage for a nice 3 minute tour of the beach, waves, marinas, etc.

We (here in Miami) have so much wealth, it is dizzying. Home and condo prices are in the multi millions. The marinas are full of huge yachts. Since Covid, many of the north easterners are moving to Florida.

True, these yachts are no big deal in your area, they’re rare here on Sanibel. Seasonal traffic is high right now as you know, getting around the island to capture footage is almost impossible at this point… I’m patiently waiting for the crowds to leave.

We didn’t have much of an off season last year due to everyone making up for being locked down, and this year looks to be the same. They’re flocking down to this area from up North in record numbers, new condos and apartments are going up everywhere… I’m getting really worried!

What worries me more is that they’re encroaching into wildlife territory… destroying the ecosystem and beauty of SW Florida!

True, these yachts are no big deal in your area, they’re rare here on Sanibel. Seasonal traffic is high right now as you know, getting around the island to capture footage is almost impossible at this point… I’m patiently waiting for the crowds to leave.

We didn’t have much of an off season last year due to everyone making up for being locked down, and this year looks to be the same. They’re flocking down to this area from up North in record numbers, new condos and apartments are going up everywhere… I’m getting really worried!

What worries me more is that they’re encroaching into wildlife territory… destroying the ecosystem and beauty of SW Florida!
If I were you, this week may be the last week that temperatures will allow you to be outside. When summer hits, it is really hard to fly with the heat and the humidity. The problem with your area is the sand and humidity getting into the motors. Be sure to take off from a landing pad or non sandy surface. Northerners will not understand this.

Reactions: Vapor069
Nice video!! It played @ 2160 for me as well. Very clear!!

If I were you, this week may be the last week that temperatures will allow you to be outside. When summer hits, it is really hard to fly with the heat and the humidity. The problem with your area is the sand and humidity getting into the motors. Be sure to take off from a landing pad or non sandy surface. Northerners will not understand this.
I always hand launch and hand catch, so far it's worked out well! :eek: Couple of close calls in windy conditions, but I've learned that patience is the key!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+