DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Slow Static Pan in Litchi

Owen Manderfield

Reactions
Slow Static Pan in Litchi

The other day I wanted to set up a Litchi mission which, half way through would stop at a point and perform a slow 180 pan before continuing on. I realised I couldn't work out how to do it.

In the end I set up a couple of waypoints a few meters apart with appropriate headings and flew between then *very* slowly

I'm fairly new to all this, so what have I missed? or is this a trick that Litchi cant do yet? I'm assuming Autopilot can?

Thanks in advance for any help.

You can set actions at each waypoint on Litchi, I think if you use the mission planner online there is a panorama option.

edit, its a rotate command, Not sure how you set the speed mind but if you shoot in 60fps you could slow it down in post.

You can set actions at each waypoint on Litchi ..... its a rotate command, Not sure how you set the speed

Yes, I thought of that, but as you say, it just spins round with no speed option so not usable even when slowed down in post- plus its not available with curved turns unfortunately.

I wanted to fly directly over a fountain in a nearby lake, with the gimbal pointing down and rotate slowly over the spray before pulling way, keeping focus on the fountain. But for such a symmetrical subject I really want to stay static over the centre, and I don't trust myself to fly blindly manually backwards using focus mode as its surrounded by tress.

You could try it in a couple of missions, do one waypoint to get your approach and exit shot as you want it.Then a second Orbit mission with a very tight (5m min i think) Dia. Depending on your height this may look like a pan shot and you can control the speed. stick them together in Resolve and your laughing.

Failing that do it manually and turn your gain/expo right down on the rudder so your stick input barely moves the quad. may take a couple of goes but shouldnt be impossible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan