DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Touch screen

KenCharuk

Reactions
I bought my Air 2 with the care refresh program but wonder/doubt if the Smart Controller is also covered? The screen sensitivity on the SC ain't so good, I can't select my target for hyperlapses and suspect the touch screen is flawed. Any thoughts on how to best proceed?

Refresh is only for the aircraft, which also has a warranty.
A separate warranty covers your SC, but not Refresh.
Open a warranty ticket with DJI on the SC.

Thanks, I don't suspect this will be customer friendly...
They are pretty good, if it is truly defective. However, I even have touch issues with the new RC Pro. The screen just isn't as sensitive to touch as my iPad and my iPhone, especially on the 3 dots in the upper right corner. They don't like my right thumb, so I always have to use my left index finger, taking it off the stick. Annoying!

Before sending it in, try a factory reset. Won't hurt to try!
This might have done it. I did three things at once, removed the screen protector, did the reset, and threw in a firmware update. Good now but as Gadget Guy mentioned, screen sensitivity is not a strong point on this device

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Glad it may have helped. I had that problem when attempting waypoints on my M2P. I have the screen protector still on mine and have no issues. Doesn't cost much to try screen protector again.

Glad it may have helped. I had that problem when attempting waypoints on my M2P. I have the screen protector still on mine and have no issues. Doesn't cost much to try screen protector again.
Came as a two-pack! Will try again ;-)

Came as a two-pack! Will try again ;-)
Any screen protector will adversely affect the touch sensitivity of the screen, which was meant to be used bare. When the touch sensitivity is poor to start with in certain areas, it can only make it worse. It can't improve it.

Nobody is suggesting that it will improve things. I only suggested that he try it again with a screen protector replacement to see if the factory reset helped in any way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALEXANDRE MARAN GREGOLIN