DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller vs iPhone X

bgreenstone

Reactions
I’m debating between the Smart Controller or the regular controller with my iPhone X. The iphone’s screen is actually a little larger than the Smart Controller, but I like the idea of not having to mess with hooking it up every time, and I can’t see anything on the iPhone screen when it’s sunny outside.

So, I’m interested in hearing feedback from you guys to help me decide.

Thanks,

-Brian

Reactions: Former Member
I’m debating between the Smart Controller or the regular controller with my iPhone X. The iphone’s screen is actually a little larger than the Smart Controller, but I like the idea of not having to mess with hooking it up every time, and I can’t see anything on the iPhone screen when it’s sunny outside.

Thanks,

-Brian

Hi
My advice iPhone X is not good choice
You can get Crystal Sky monitor if you want use your original remote and also if you have
Any drones other then Mavic 2 series
Or you can use Smart Controller if you are using Mavic 2 drones
Both CS and SC has very good quality
And very bright displays
Much better than any smart phones
Regarding CS and SC
CS give you flexibility. You can connect
This monitor to any DJI drone remote controls
But you will dealing with mounting and connecting your monitor to your RC
SC allow you just turn on your drone and SC
And you are ready to fly but you are not going to be able to use it with any other drones then Mavic 2 series
So you need make your decision based on this info but both of them much better than
iPhone X

Good luck with your choice

Thanks,

-Brian

Or if you are interested in saving a lot of money you could simply buy a monitor hood to keep the glare of the iPhone screen. Personally, I don't find it any sort of a hassle to connect the phone to the RC - takes like 1 minute. Who's in that much of a hurry that one minute is going to make a difference?

Reactions: RZR12
Hi
My advice iPhone X is not good choice
You can get Crystal Sky monitor if you want use your original remote and also if you have
Any drones other then Mavic 2 series
Or you can use Smart Controller if you are using Mavic 2 drones
Both CS and SC has very good quality
And very bright displays
Much better than any smart phones
Regarding CS and SC
CS give you flexibility. You can connect
This monitor to any DJI drone remote controls
But you will dealing with mounting and connecting your monitor to your RC
SC allow you just turn on your drone and SC
And you are ready to fly but you are not going to be able to use it with any other drones then Mavic 2 series
So you need make your decision based on this info but both of them much better than
iPhone X

Good luck with your choice
To the OP: Maybe I misunderstood the quoted post but the Crystalsky is now compatible with the Mavic2 series so there’s another option up to 7.8” screen... here’s 2 reports:
Mavic 2 is now compatible with CS!!!
DJI’s CrystalSky works with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom as well

just Want you to make a fully informed decision

To the OP: Maybe I misunderstood the quoted post but the Crystalsky is now compatible with the Mavic2 series so there’s another option up to 7.8” screen... here’s 2 reports:
Mavic 2 is now compatible with CS!!!
DJI’s CrystalSky works with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom as well

just Want you to make a fully informed decision

Yes CS monitor from the beginning was compatible with Mavic 2 and of cause
You can use both 5.5” and 7.85”
Also I forget to tell one big plus for CS
You can use Litchi app on CS
And it is not working on SC yet

Reactions: Thomas B
Or if you are interested in saving a lot of money you could simply buy a monitor hood to keep the glare of the iPhone screen. Personally, I don't find it any sort of a hassle to connect the phone to the RC - takes like 1 minute. Who's in that much of a hurry that one minute is going to make a difference?
The screen will still reflect back in bright sunlight, what is in front of it, so you may need to wear all black to help that out. Sun shield helps only with angles sun around it, not a reflection off the screen in bright sunlight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drxenon